Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone, and I like that signal, Mick, you’ve made an excellent job of that model.

Now, tonight, I have a photo’ by Philip Wheldale on Flickr, of the occasion at Beverley station when a HST power car, number 43053, was named there. It was the 10th April, 1984. 

34768816854_92809d2ebc_b.jpg43053 by Philip Wheldale, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
On 03/10/2020 at 22:57, micknich2003 said:

Another view of Alexandra Dock.

338a ALEXANDRA DOCK.jpg

I am guessing the indicator number is some form of siding/train identifier; however, not seen one before so can anyone elaborate please?

Edited by john new
Typos corrected

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, everyone. Firstly I now own my copy of that excellent book. It’s certainly very well researched and I’m enjoying reading it.

Now, this afternoon, I have a photo’ by ricsrailpics on Flickr, of a class B1, number 61303, at platform 8, on an unknown excursion train, with a Gresley BSO leading. Date is unknown, but probably the early sixties.

3255336957_91ce63cc64_4k.jpgClass B1 61303 Bridlington Excursion platform. by ricsrailpics, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, Andy. I bought the book off Bill Hudson, and, at second class parcel rate, it took one week. So you should not be too concerned about ordering a copy. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Rob.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

So we are just about at Christmas, 2020. So I would like to take the opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas with this photo’ of Driffield station, from late on Monday afternoon. 

8868FE95-0588-4448-A462-F5726A8CE0E5.jpeg.6da7fe2ce0a1973eaf8218c59b709a49.jpeg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 13

I worked in Hull '89-93, commuting Su-Fr from the South East, the Sunday journey making the most of what was I recall 'Weekend First' where for initially £3, and latterly a fiver, you could use 1st on the 17:20 direct HST from KX.

I've always tended to take an interest in the railways of 'where I've been' and acquired the splendid book 'More Illustrated History of the Railways of Hull' by W.B.Yeadon, pub. 1995, rep. 2006. The 'More' points to this being a follow on to the earlier version. Great book. 

Fascinating thread, and the book has several of the 'photos I've seen here, plus lots more.

Edited by 97xx

7 minutes ago, 97xx said:

I worked in Hull '89-93, commuting Su-Fr from the South East, the Sunday journey making the most of what was I recall 'Weekend First' where for initially £3, and latterly a fiver, you could use 1st on the 17:20 direct HST from KX.

I've always tended to take an interest in the railways of 'where I've been' and acquired the splendid book 'More Illustrated History of the Railways of Hull' by W.B.Yeadon, pub. 1995, rep. 2006. The 'More' points to this being a follow on to the earlier version. Great book. 

Fascinating thread, and the book has several of the 'photos I've seen here, plus lots more.

The late Willie Yeadon and I  did two books on Hull's railways, you have the second one, for Political reasons, at the time, I left my name off the second book. Some years ago, I did make a start on a third volume. .

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, micknich2003 said:

The late Willie Yeadon and I  did two books on Hull's railways, you have the second one, for Political reasons, at the time, I left my name off the second book. Some years ago, I did make a start on a third volume. .

Just ordered the first Mick, looking forward to reading it!

A couple of questions if I may:

1. Looking at the latest track plans, it seems Gilberdike junction has been doubled? I remember getting held up there on a Friday night from Hull trying to make a connection at Doncaster.
  2. Has Saltend now lost its rail connection? In my day there was a weekly acid train to Baglan Bay.