Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

On 23/08/2021 at 19:51, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. I didn’t know platform 1 had been prohibited to traffic for so long. I wonder if it’s either a track or a clearance issue?

Well, this evening, I have a photo’, by Syd Young, on Flickr, of a class 123 DMU, with car E52102, a DMSL, nearest the camera, having just arrived at Hull Paragon with a train from Manchester, on 30th April, 1984. The class 124 DMC in the adjacent platform is car number E51958 leading. It was just a few days after that photo’ that the two classes of units were withdrawn from service.

16084643197_c23e394240_b.jpgTrans-Pennine Finalé by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

Handsome units in their pomp and sad none of either class exists in preservation. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, it’s time for a photo’ by David Scott on Flickr. It shows something most unusual in the form of a class 143 Pacer Railbus at Hull Paragon station. It is 143 005, the only time for this this type in hull? The date is the 2nd July, 1986. Note the headboard. It must have been some kind of special working.

7605024636_b717759c34_b.jpg143 005 1st time this type in hull, 2nd july 1986 by David Scott, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening I have a photo’ by Woolwinder on Flickr, taken at Lowthorpe, on the 16th May, 1979. It shows a four car class 101, DMCL + TSL + TBSL + DMCL. In refurbished white it looks quite clean. Notice the old telegraph poles.

6796255711_9f6a06451a_k.jpgLowthorpe DMU 16/05/1979 by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 8

On 02/09/2021 at 19:29, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. This evening, I’ve found a further photo’ by Syd Young on Flickr. It shows the line out of Hull, at Melton Crossing, with 156489 on a service to Manchester, on the 26th May, 1989.

7268569650_e899862709_b.jpgMelton Crossing by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

Scene of a rear end collision involving a class 40 shunting wagons into Capper Pass and Earles cement works, and a Hull to Goole DMU, exacerbated by thick fog and procedural failings.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 03/09/2021 at 19:08, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. This evening is another photo’ by Syd Young on Flickr, and it shows two 31’s, 31199 and 31188, on a Tilcon roadstone train from Dairycoates to Rylstone, at Ferriby on the 29th March, 1989.

6990873803_e66a600f10_b.jpgDouble Clag by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

My aunties railway cottage at Hessle Haven would shake rattle and roll when this train passed at half past five!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, something from the relatively early days from John Law on Flickr. It shows a Hull and Barnsley Railway 2-4-0, number 36, at Hull’s Cannon Street station. There is no other information. 

5781097582_e6e177d6d3_k.jpghumb - h&br 2-4-0 36 hull cannon st by John Law, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Thank you, Mick, for posting the signalling diagram of Cannon Street. It is most interesting. 
This evening, I’ve found a photo’ by Woolwinder on Flickr, of the preserved Black 5, 5305, at Wansford Road crossing in Driffield, on the 28th December, 1981. It was hauling a special train to Scarborough in the icy cold and snowy conditions. I was on that train in the first SK behind the support coach. 

6812645828_07b433240a_k.jpg5305 Driffield 28 December 1981 by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. Thank you, Mick, for posting the signalling diagram of Cannon Street. It is most interesting. 
This evening, I’ve found a photo’ by Woolwinder on Flickr, of the preserved Black 5, 5305, at Wansford Road crossing in Driffield, on the 28th December, 1981. It was hauling a special train to Scarborough in the icy cold and snowy conditions. I was on that train in the first SK behind the support coach. 

6812645828_07b433240a_k.jpg5305 Driffield 28 December 1981 by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

I was on this as well  - first ever experience of steam on the mainline! Seems like another world now when steam on the mainline was truly ‘special’ and daring to look out of an open droplight didn’t bring the wrath of God and the self righteous instantly upon a person :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, micknich2003 said:

Rob, taken from close to the signalbox, 1910 or later.

Cannon Street signalling and layout attached.

8 CANNON STREET.JPG

An interesting layout Mick. Not sure what the priorities were back then, Goods or Passenger? The layout seems to be a compromise all round - quite possibly the result of a "committee's deliberations"!

Ian, Cannon Street was planed as the carriage sheds, there was a shortage of money and the "Grand Terminus" half a mile or so to the east was never built. This lead to the cramped situation and a station that could not easily be expanded.

Picture of proposed station attached. Mick.

CANNON STREET Kingston Square terminus .jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, micknich2003 said:

Ian, Cannon Street was planed as the carriage sheds, there was a shortage of money and the "Grand Terminus" half a mile or so to the east was never built. This lead to the cramped situation and a station that could not easily be expanded.

Picture of proposed station attached. Mick.

CANNON STREET Kingston Square terminus .jpg

Thanks Mick. A shortage of money has scuppered quite a few elegant plans.

17 hours ago, Market65 said:

Best regards,

Rob.

Here's the driver, the late John Hart "Oiling Round" at Dairycoates

B20 JOHN.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Thank you, Mick, for that photo’ of driver John Hart. It brings back many memories. Now, this evening, I have come across a photo’ from Woolwinder on Flickr, of Lowthorpe, with a class 20 on a down service to Bridlington. It’s 20103, and five Mk1’s on the 24th August, 1979. The service being worked is, however, unclear, but it appears to be the early evening.

6956733567_e6aabd805a_k.jpg20103 Lowthorpe 24 August 1979 by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. Thank you, Mick, for that photo’ of driver John Hart. It brings back many memories. Now, this evening, I have come across a photo’ from Woolwinder on Flickr, of Lowthorpe, with a class 20 on a down service to Bridlington. It’s 20103, and five Mk1’s on the 24th August, 1979. The service being worked is, however, unclear, but it appears to be the early evening.

6956733567_e6aabd805a_k.jpg20103 Lowthorpe 24 August 1979 by Woolwinder, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

That would be a sometime Scottish Chopper, going on the tablet catcher recess in the cab.

steve

Edited by steve1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, steve1 said:

That would be a sometime Scottish Chopper, going on the tablet catcher recess in the cab.

steve

According to BRDatabase it was an Eastfield engine all its working life. Wonder how it found itself working to Brid?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iands said:

According to BRDatabase it was an Eastfield engine all its working life. Wonder how it found itself working to Brid?

20103 came south in Tinsley in 1980 them moved to Immingham then to store around 1984 then reinstated via a HGR and dual braking ending up at Toytown.

Al Taylor

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone, and thank you, Mick, for the signalling diagram of Sutton station. This evening, courtesy of Syd Young on Flickr, we go west to Brough, in much later years, and see 37 031, on a down ballast train, on the 2nd September, 1983.

6658350485_3254bc2bd0_b.jpgBallast through Brough by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone, and thank you, Mick, for the signalling diagram of Sutton station. This evening, courtesy of Syd Young on Flickr, we go west to Brough, in much later years, and see 37 031, on a down ballast train, on the 2nd September, 1983.

6658350485_3254bc2bd0_b.jpgBallast through Brough by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

Interesting to see an abandoned bay platform to the left 

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, everyone. Firstly, ianmacc, that up side bay platform at Brough is now part of the car park, and will never be used by trains again.

Well, today I’ve found a photo’ by jsb303 on Flickr, of Bridlington station, taken from platform 5. It shows a K3, 61941, on a Filey Holiday Camp to Manchester Exchange train, in September, 1953.

6291335592_3b872dc88a_b.jpgBridlington: 1953. by jsb303, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10