Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you, Railpassion, for today’s update on Bridlington. It’s most interesting to see the progress being made, and I think I understand where the crossover is to go, which will be to the south of where the line from number 3 - using the new platform numbers - joins the up main. If not then trains would not get to number 3 on coming in from Hull. 
Well, this afternoon, I have a photo’ by  SIMON BEESTON, on Flickr, of a class 37, 37032, in about 1983. No other details are known.

BEVERLEY 120487 37032

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Railpassion, for the reply regarding the platform numbers. I admit to being a bit confused, only it would make sense to reumber them as 1, 2 and 3. Perhaps it’s some kind of legacy from when platforms 1, 2 and 3 were taken out of use in 1983. 

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you, Railpassion, for today’s update on Bridlington. It’s most interesting to see the progress being made, and I think I understand where the crossover is to go, which will be to the south of where the line from number 3 - using the new platform numbers - joins the up main. If not then trains would not get to number 3 on coming in from Hull. 
Well, this afternoon, I have a photo’ by  SIMON BEESTON, on Flickr, of a class 37, 37032, in about 1983. No other details are known.

BEVERLEY 120487 37032

Best regards,

Rob.

I would love to see a closer image of that brake van behind the loco!

steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, steve, on my iPad, I’ve been able to enlarge that photo’, and it would appear to be a former GW Toad. I hope the enlargement is of some help. Here is the enlargement:

FBAC7800-7752-427B-A383-FF7178DE8211.jpeg.ad4625b36df9412467ecd4c901d2617a.jpeg

Now, this evening, I’ve found a photo’, by Syd Young on Flickr, of a Deltic, class 55 leaving Hull for London King’s Cross. It is 55009, Alycidon, with train 1A18, the 12:34 Hull to London King's Cross on the 24th May, 1980.

50356056908_69d4d5a353_k.jpgWhitsun Deltic by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Once again many thanks, Railpassion, for yesterday’s Bridlington update and photo’s. You can see how much gentler the curve is on the new southern approach to the station. I’m guessing the linespeed will stay unchanged, but I’m happy to be proven wrong about that. 
So, this evening, thanks to a photo’ by John Law on Flickr, we travel back in time to October, 1966. The photo’ shows a former LMS Crab, 42942, on an LCGB railtour, at Goole. The date is the 8th October, 1966.

50087647807_32466c4c91_h.jpghumb - 42942 on lcgb tour at goole mpd 08-10-1966 JL by John Law, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 9

Rob, speeds remain broadly the same with 20mph on the crossover and 15 for the turnout to No.6. There is no longer a round facility but platform 5 will be bi-directional allowing trains to run north towards Scarborough or terminate in passenger service. 

Some good news, yesterday, for the Beverley to York re-instatement from the DfT. It now progresses to a more serious study of potential. 

More pictures tomorrow when I pass through.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, thank you, Railpassion, for your comments and I’ve taken a look in Realtime trains, at Bridlington for December, 14th, and things seem as they have been with down trains to Scarborough using P4. Whether that is right, I’m not completely sure.  I look forward to any photo’s you can post when you are next passing through Bridlington.
That is great news about the Beverley to Market Weighton and York line, and the study of potential. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed. When the original line was open, it only took about three quarters of an hour from Beverley to York. 

Now, this evening, I have found two period photo’s, by John Law, on Flickr. The first one is of Eastrington station in NER days. The actual date is unknown.

5820339075_dc3abc8769_b.jpghumb - ner eastrington sta by John Law, on Flickr

And this next photo’ is of Brough, again in NER days.

5820339079_424c97397d_h.jpghumb - ner station brough by John Law, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 14

On 26/10/2021 at 19:02, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, steve, on my iPad, I’ve been able to enlarge that photo’, and it would appear to be a former GW Toad. I hope the enlargement is of some help. Here is the enlargement:

FBAC7800-7752-427B-A383-FF7178DE8211.jpeg.ad4625b36df9412467ecd4c901d2617a.jpeg

Now, this evening, I’ve found a photo’, by Syd Young on Flickr, of a Deltic, class 55 leaving Hull for London King’s Cross. It is 55009, Alycidon, with train 1A18, the 12:34 Hull to London King's Cross on the 24th May, 1980.

50356056908_69d4d5a353_k.jpgWhitsun Deltic by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

Like the pile of rubbish at the trackside! Some people ah

• RMweb Gold

Good evening everyone. I’m saying nothing about yellow toads. ;)  So, this evening, thanks to John Law on Flickr, we go to Scarborough. It’s c1971, and class 104 DMU’s are to be seen, with the nearest set, at platform 4, being a two car NER unit, and it can be seen that the DTCL is still carrying lined green livery.

5879365489_2370610645_b.jpgnyks - brcw dmu scarborough c1971 JL by John Law, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone, on this last evening of British Summertime. So, this evening we have a photo’, courtesy of Richard Stewart, on Flickr, on an RHTT train, coming off the Cricket Ground Curve, in Hull, on the 5th October, 2021. The train is top and tailed by 37402 & 37401, on train 3J51, the York Thrall to York Thrall via Scaborough, Bridlington & Selby.

51568311337_c7dd01f536_k.jpgAnlaby Road Tractors RHTT by Richard Stewart, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Well, on what is a dark evening, I have found this photo’, by Syd Young on Flickr, of Deltic, class 55, 55021, Argyll & Sutherland Highlander, as it gets away from Hull with some excellent smoke effects, on train 1A18, the 12:34 Hull to London King's Cross on the 10th January, 1981. A Leyland National bus of East Yorkshire can seen in the foreground. 

8636390885_59ba78d0c1_b.jpgClag Monster by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 15

20 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. Well, on what is a dark evening, I have found this photo’, by Syd Young on Flickr, of Deltic, class 55, 55021, Argyll & Sutherland Highlander, as it gets away from Hull with some excellent smoke effects, on train 1A18, the 12:34 Hull to London King's Cross on the 10th January, 1981. A Leyland National bus of East Yorkshire can seen in the foreground. 

8636390885_59ba78d0c1_b.jpgClag Monster by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

Good find. If the bus is LAG 188V (cannot see registration properly as my eyes are getting old), it is a vehicle I have driven in preservation.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Well, EddieK, the registration of the bus is not clear on enlarging the photo’, but it might possibly be that bus. I’ve sent you a pm in reply to yours.

So, this evening, I’ve found a photo’ of a crane, hauled by an unidentified B1, by Richard Hart, on Flickr, taken near to the bridge on Chanterlands Avenue, Hull, on the former H&BR high level line, in the early 1960’s. There are no other details unfortunately. 

8478275581_0137868a79_k.jpgCRANE by Richard Hart, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, courtesy of John Law on Flickr, we go to Scarborough, at the northern end of the line from Hull, and we see a view of the onetime station pilot, class 03, 03089, complete with match wagon, in c1978. There is no other information.

50623572253_dbfa2d9262_h.jpgnyks - 03089 scarborough by John Law, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. This evening, courtesy of John Law on Flickr, we go to Scarborough, at the northern end of the line from Hull, and we see a view of the onetime station pilot, class 03, 03089, complete with match wagon, in c1978. There is no other information.

Best regards,

Rob.

An unusual configuration with shunter plus van in front of Class 31 plus other vehicle(s). The Old Parcels Office (as it is now) must be just out of shot to the left, so I presume that will still have been in railway use at that time? 

The building in the background, just to the right of the stabled carriages, still stands, but not for much longer. In relatively recent times, it was a Comet retail outlet and currently contains a "pound shop" but I believe it is due for demolition as part of plans for the new Gateway to Scarborough.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Market65 said:

Best regards,

Rob.

A great and really useful view of the match truck with the 03, Rob, I need to build a couple of these to go with my N and 0 gauge 03s as this type of runner were seen in the Bradford area as opposed to the readily available Conflat wagon produced by the mainstream model manufacturers and used elsewhere. Great detail, thanks for posting.

Regards,

Ian.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 03060 said:

A great and really useful view of the match truck with the 03, Rob, I need to build a couple of these to go with my N and 0 gauge 03s as this type of runner were seen in the Bradford area as opposed to the readily available Conflat wagon produced by the mainstream model manufacturers and used elsewhere. Great detail, thanks for posting.

Regards,

Ian.

That runner is a bit of a one off, its a demountable tank flat. On most of the conflate the air pipework is below the vehicle and also have a few short lengths of rail fixed to the floor.  Later on a conduit run was fitted and the installation of electric marker lights in the 350 style.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Thank you, EddieK, and 45125, for filling in some details about yesterday’s photo’. It’s most informative, and I’m just hoping that Gateway to Scarborough will not cause too much disruption etc.,

Well, this evening, we go through Malton to York for a short journey on the Derwent Valley Light Railway. It’s a photo’ by jsb303, on Flickr, and is from c1960, at Layerthorpe. It shows an ex LNER J25, 65714, as seen from the Melrosegate Bridge. All gone now. 

12267872344_d72eea8586_b.jpgYork: DVLR. Layerthorpe. 1960. by jsb303, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 12