Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

16 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Hi, russ p. No, the 155’s are keeping going, it’s the Bridlington, Hull, and York service which is being withdrawn from the timetable change in December. My fault for not having made things a bit clearer. 

Regards,

Rob.

Meanwhile the A1079 remains bottlenecked and unlit. Someone should build a line between Hull and York…. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Well, for this evening here’s a further photo’ by David Scott on Flickr, and it is of Anlaby Road Junction, on the 21st May, 1978, with 47048, on the Saturday Only Scarborough to London King’s Cross service. This train appears to have finished running by the Summer of 1979 - I have a copy of the WTT.

7621412078_b8e1b89ce9_k.jpg47 048 Passing Anlaby rd junc 21 May 1978 on the Scarborough-Kings Cross SO Service by David Scott, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Lord Flashheart said:

Can't remember which one I was on,but these are still in the 155s.

Rob

20201030_063647.jpg

20201030_063640.jpg

Hunslet coverd the Leyland badge up on 153s . When I worked for Central trains I used to uncover them 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Market65 said:

Hi, russ p. No, the 155’s are keeping going, it’s the Bridlington, Hull, and York service which is being withdrawn from the timetable change in December. My fault for not having made things a bit clearer. 

Regards,

Rob.

Cut back to Hull-York only by the look of it, leaving Brid with basically the hourly Scarborough-Hull-Sheffield, mostly class 170s. 

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 2

On 19/11/2021 at 11:15, russ p said:

I believe the ex second class Pullmans were used as first class coaches in normal service so would actually be slightly inferior to conventional first class coaches as they had 2+2 seating instead of the normal first class 2+1 

The second class Pullman cars by Met Camm had 2+1 seating as built. It was an easy job to turn them into "ordinary" FO stock. 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/55591376626903286/

The First Class Pullman cars were 1+1 seating layout, with loose armchair seats. Around 1967, the First Class Pullman cars were rebuilt and upseated featuring new seats bolted to the floor, and these seats were subsequently used in Mark 2c and 2d FO stock. Not only did they recline, but they had a degree of fore and aft adjustment as well. 

My last job involved looking after some Met Camm Pullmans. Two retained the 1967 fixed seats, but the third was returned to traffic with the loose armchair seating as originally built.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, EddieK said:

The second class Pullman cars by Met Camm had 2+1 seating as built. It was an easy job to turn them into "ordinary" FO stock. 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/55591376626903286/

The First Class Pullman cars were 1+1 seating layout, with loose armchair seats. Around 1967, the First Class Pullman cars were rebuilt and upseated featuring new seats bolted to the floor, and these seats were subsequently used in Mark 2c and 2d FO stock. Not only did they recline, but they had a degree of fore and aft adjustment as well. 

My last job involved looking after some Met Camm Pullmans. Two retained the 1967 fixed seats, but the third was returned to traffic with the loose armchair seating as originally built.

I didn't realise the first class cars had loose seating., imagine that today!  I'd forgotten the second class cars were 2+1 years since I went on the SLOA set 

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, courtesy of a further photo’ by David Scott on Flickr, we go to Brough, and see 55004, Queens Own Highlander, on one of the Hull to London King’s Cross services. The date is the 20th February, 1980.

7615118470_2c42d85458_k.jpg55 004 at brough 20th feb 1980 on london service by David Scott, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Well, this evening, courtesy of a further photo’ by David Scott on Flickr, we go back to Hull Paragon, and see a rare sight with 50037 departing on a train of Mk1’s in NSE livery. The date is the 7th August, 1988.

Earlier on, in this thread, I posted a photo’ I had taken at Beverley station of 92220 Evening Star, on the same train, on it’s way to Hull. 

7896111892_706cf4db60_b.jpg50 037 Aug 7th 1988, by David Scott, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Well, this evening we go to Bridlington in what appears to be the late 1950’s. It’s a photo’, courtesy of  fishermandave89, on Flickr. It’s Bridlington engine shed, and two classes of engine can be spotted - a Black 5, three K3’s. Happy days.

bridlington shed

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. Well, this evening we go to Bridlington in what appears to be the late 1950’s. It’s a photo’, courtesy of  fishermandave89, on Flickr. It’s Bridlington engine shed, and two classes of engine can be spotted - a Black 5, three K3’s. Happy days.

A very short time scale here, the Train Reporting numbers are three didgets, these were replaced by the present four character headcodes c1961. The engines have Overhead Electric Flashes, I think these came in in 1960. Last K3 withdrawn December 1962.

30 minutes ago, Market65 said:

bridlington shed

Best regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

22 hours ago, Market65 said:

bridlington shed

Best regards,

Rob.

Another example of how “monochrome” urban areas were in the 1950s. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, we go back to Hull, and courtesy of a photo’ by Paul Smith on Flickr, we see 37 249, as it goes through the carriage washing plant, on it’s way to Botanic Gardens on the 2nd March, 1985.

37249 Hull

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, thank you, Railpassion for those photo’s of the completed track and signalling at Bridlington. It looks so different to the old. And thank you, Rob, for the photo’ of 158867 at Hessle, a great three quarter view of the DMU. 
Well, this evening, thanks to a photo’ by fishermandave89, on Flickr, we go back to 1983 and that big reconstruction of bridge 19 adjacent to Bridlington station. Indeed, it was the bridge works which saw the end of platforms 1, 2 and 3.  A class 31 can be seen on what looks like a Mess Van.

bridlington station

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

24 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, thank you, Railpassion for those photo’s of the completed track and signalling at Bridlington. It looks so different to the old. And thank you, Rob, for the photo’ of 158867 at Hessle, a great three quarter view of the DMU. 
Well, this evening, thanks to a photo’ by fishermandave89, on Flickr, we go back to 1983 and that big reconstruction of bridge 19 adjacent to Bridlington station. Indeed, it was the bridge works which saw the end of platforms 1, 2 and 3.  A class 31 can be seen on what looks like a Mess Van.

bridlington station

Best regards,

Rob.

Suspect that is the Donny breakdown train, note the 75ton crane behind the bridge.

Al Taylor.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Thank you, Al Taylor, for the information about yesterday’s photo’. So this evening, courtesy of a further photo’ by fishermandave89, on Flickr, is a photo’ which shows class 31, 31 563, at Bridlington, on the 6th April, 1993. Of course, the track it is seen on is now lifted as part of the rationalisation.

bridlington

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone.  This evening, courtesy of a further photo’ by fishermandave89, on Flickr, we stay in Bridlington, and look at a train in the now lifted carriage sidings. It shows class 47, 47 975, The Institution Of Civil Engineers, on the 14th November, 1992. The carriages are of interest being the early Mkll’s in Trans Pennine livery.

bridlington bessingby sidings

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Well, this evening, thanks to another photo’ by fishermandave89, on Flickr, we stay in Bridlington, and see a railtour headed by two unknown 37’s on The Scarborough Maid railtour, run by Pathfinder. The date is a day in April, 1997.

bridlington

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. Well, this evening, thanks to another photo’ by fishermandave89, on Flickr, we stay in Bridlington, and see a railtour headed by two unknown 37’s on The Scarborough Maid railtour, run by Pathfinder. The date is a day in April, 1997.

bridlington

Best regards,

Rob.

Morning Rob, the lead loco is one of those fitted with a sandite tank in the boiler compartment and had the horns moved to the deltic esq position for some bridges in West Yorkshire I believe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Thank you, russ p, and Rob. I had a feeling the 37’s indentities would be revealed before very long. But I didn’t know about the history of 37332, the leading engine. It would make a great model, and hopefully it might get modelled by Accurscale before too long.

Well, this evening, we go back to Hull, and on a train to London King’s Cross, thanks to a photo’ by Syd Young on Flickr. It’s a train of Mklld’s with a Mkl catering car, and BG, headed by Deltic, class 55, 55016, The Gordon Highlander, on the 6th August, 1980. The train being 1A04, the 07.00 a.m., from Hull, The Hull Executive. 

6060092112_b5a1a3145b_b.jpg55016 - Dairycoates by Syd Young, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, thanks to a photo’ by fishermandave89, on Flickr, we go to Buckton, between Bridlington and Filey, back in July, 1979 - most probably a Saturday. We see a seven car DMU climbing the hill to Speeton Summit, with it’s exhausts rasping away. It is formed of a three car Metro Cammell class 111, with RollsRoyce engines, and a four car class 108 Derby Lightweight refurbished set, on it’s way to Scarborough from Hull.

buckton crossing hull to scarborough line

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 12