Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Rob, for the photo's of class 47, 47593 in 1985 at Paragon Station. I seem to recall seeing it there.

Tonight I have a photo' of the railway between Beverley and Driffield at Kilnwick LC, looking along the line to Driffield. It was taken in late June, 2014.

post-22631-0-45163800-1451425411.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Class"66". I am glad that you have enjoyed reading through this thread, it has been very interesting to write, and I felt, and still do, that the railways of East Yorkshire have been sadly neglected for far too long. I just hope that this thread can do a bit of good and help to make people more aware of these railways. Anyway, tonight I have a photo' from the 2nd, October, 1987. It shows a class 101 DMU departing Beverley station, next stop Cottingham.

post-22631-0-80237900-1451603136_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

P.S. I would like to wish everyone a very happy New Year.

• Like 9

First thing, a belated Happy New Year to all.

I hope those of you "up north" are escaping the worst of things.  Down here in the "sunny south west" we've been very lucky this time although another big chunk of the Jurassic Coast fell away yesterday & the river's flooded one of the roads into our village today (mind you, that's not unusual).

Anyway, enough of that.

I've dug out some more Dairycoates photos from that November '63 visit.  Again, quality not very good but may be of interest.

First two are Dairycoates residents inside the roundhouse complex.  43131 & 68042.

Last is another of the EE3 fleet although I can't identify which one.  From previous posts I think the building in the background must have been the wheeldrop house.

post-11812-0-70789900-1451688977_thumb.jpg

post-11812-0-44638500-1451688989_thumb.jpg

post-11812-0-71224400-1451689005_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Graham

I'm really enjoying your pics from Dairycoates in November '63. If, in your collection, you can identify any pics of D6732, I know of a group of people on the North Norfolk Railway who would be really interested to get copies of your pictures!

Thanks again and Best Wishes

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Graham, for more excellent photo's of Dairycoates. These photo's, in many ways, are quite a revelation, for there has been so incredibly little to be found about that place before. A friend of mine, who used to work there, and is now sadly no longer alive, would also have loved seeing them. Please post more as and when you feel you can.

Tonight, I have a photo' of what was once Nunburnholme station, between Market Weighton and Pocklington. The photo' dates from 12th, October, 2008. It  shows some of the station buildings and how they looked from the roadway. I think that the buildings would make nice models.

post-22631-0-63646300-1451692590.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

Nunburnholme...will have to have a look for the old station the next time I cycle the big hill there. What a superb thread this is, a heartfelt thanks to all who have and continue to contribute both photos and information.

Edited by Hals1967

• RMweb Gold

Hi, everyone. Thank you Hals1967. We may have met whilst out cycling! A lovely old station, Nunburnhome, which was actually in Burnby. I believe the NER changed the name to avoid confusion with another Burnby on the NER.

Tonight I have a photo' of Fangfoss station on the same line, but between Pocklington and Stamford Bridge. The buildings have survived quite well, and the adjacent railway is now a caravan camping site. When the line was a railway, this was a quite high speed section, with class B1's running at up to 80mph.

post-22631-0-18618400-1451778199_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

Hello, Mick. I think I may have something somewhere after the line closed. I will see where it is, but today, of course, it is part of a by-pass.

With best regards,

Rob.

Rob, many thanks, the Grand Daughter of a former Crossing Keeper was inquiring. I seem to have everything but.

Hello, Mick. I think I may have something somewhere after the line closed. I will see where it is, but today, of course, it is part of a by-pass.

With best regards,

Rob.

Rob, many thanks, the Grand Daughter of a former Crossing Keeper was inquiring. I seem to have everything but.

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Mick. I have found one of the Gatehouse from August, 1985. I hope that it might be of some help. I have found that photo's of this crossing at Pighill are very scarce to say the least.

post-22631-0-54159700-1451845314.jpg

With best regards,

Rob.

• Like 2