Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Out of interest does anyone have any photos of Class 142's or 150's on the line?

I have seen them in a few shots in books.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by 46444

• RMweb Gold

Out of interest does anyone have any photos of Class 142's or 150's on the line?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Mark. Earlier on in the thread, when I posted my photo's of Bridlington, there are two shots of a 150 as well as  a 144. See post 33 on page two. I will see if I have any more, but I was concentrating, at the time, on photographing the first generation units.

With regards,

Rob.

Wow, just look at the length of those gates! I take it that the two pairs were worked independantly off the two gate wheels?

Andy G

The Road Gates at Walton Street were worked off one of the wheels, the wicket gates off the other. The road gates were converted to power working in 1934, but the gate wheel was retained for emergency use. See the photo' of the signalbox diagram, a few posts back.

• RMweb Gold

Firstly, it really is many thanks to everyone for your contributions. Please keep them coming, they are all very welcome.

Tonight, I am going back to Filey, from July, 1993, with the station roof under reconstruction. The 158 is, I think, 158749. Then, lastly, there is a photo' of Duchess Of Hamilton at Beverley, which was taken on 6th April, 1985.

post-22631-0-51390000-1443559211_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-58908800-1443559358_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-06160500-1443559387_thumb.jpg

This one that I've just found. It is of the cutting between Speeton and Hunmanby, with three bridges. The photo' was taken from the bridge at the Speeton end of the cutting:

post-22631-0-73093500-1443559412_thumb.jpg

And here's Duchess Of Hamilton:

post-22631-0-39801700-1443559780_thumb.jpg

With best regards,

Rob.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Firstly, it really is many thanks to everyone for your contributions. Please keep them coming, they are all very welcome.

Tonight, I am going back to Filey, from July, 1993, with the station roof under reconstruction. The 158 is, I think, 158749. Then, lastly, there is a photo' of Duchess Of Hamilton at Beverley, which was taken on 6th April, 1985.

attachicon.gifimg054 - Copy.jpg

attachicon.gifimg055 - Copy.jpg

attachicon.gifimg056 - Copy.jpg

This one that I've just found. It is of the cutting between Speeton and Hunmanby, with three bridges. The photo' was taken from the bridge at the Speeton end of the cutting:

attachicon.gifimg057 - Copy.jpg

And here's Duchess Of Hamilton:

attachicon.gifimg070 - Copy (2).jpg

With best regards,

Rob.

Hi Rob,

That's a lovely set of pictures of Filey and surrounding area.

It's the first time I've seen a shot of the signal box at Filey as well.  Is it of M&H design as well?

So major work took place on the covered roof of Filey in 1993 and again in 2010?  Was Filey a manned station at this point?

Also what surprises me is the number of steam specials up the line over the years. I know Duke of Gloucester was on the line last summer and I believe an A4 has been up the line this year,

In addition to my request for pictures of Class 142's and 150's I wonder if anyone has any of freight or departmental trains on the line?

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Mark, here's a photo of this year's "Steam Special", 45690, at Walton Street heading towards Bridlington, Saturday 30 May 2015. Unfortunately the barrier wire stretched across the engine spoils the view. Is anyone clever enough to remove it? I certainly aren't.

attachicon.gifWALTON STREET Sat 30 May 2015 - Copy.JPG

Nice shot Mick.

I'm sure this is the steam special I heard at Hunmanby but never got to see it sadly.  Very distinctive Stanier 'Hooter'!

Unfortunately my PS skills aren't up to removing that wire.

Thanks once again.

Mark

Edited by 46444

• RMweb Gold

Found this on RTT and looks like an interesting diagram for today (30/9/15)

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H25214/2015/09/30/advanced

Presumably an engineers train?  Can anyone shed any light on it especially with it's starting destination.

Runs as required however. 

Edited by 46444

The Road Gates at Walton Street were worked off one of the wheels, the wicket gates off the other. The road gates were converted to power working in 1934, but the gate wheel was retained for emergency use. See the photo' of the signalbox diagram, a few posts back.

Those gates aren't too different in size from the ones at Grosmont, they'd be heavy and on 4:1 wheels, but doable.

• RMweb Premium

That's a Sandite / Railhead Treatment train (delete as appropriate depending where you are !!) Could well be Class 20 hauled.

Mick, was the original Walton Street box where the second hand car lot is now on the fair ground side ?

Talking of which coming up to the week when you could get overtime manning the crossing to keep the great unwashed off the track in their haste to get to the fair !!

• Like 1

Thanks,

Mark

No picture I'm afraid but I did travel Beverly to Hull on 142025, the last of the class in GWR style brown and cream livery when they were known as Skippers.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

No picture I'm afraid but I did travel Beverly to Hull on 142025, the last of the class in GWR style brown and cream livery when they were known as Skippers.

Rob

I did that as well a good few years ago now though! Again, sadly,  no photo's either!

With regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Tonight it is back to the 4th April, 1983, and another steam special powered by LMS Black 5 5000, yes, the NRM's Black 5. It was hauling the Pullman set of coaches, and the two Mk1 BCK's are in the condition as modelled by Bachmann for a recent Collector's Club model. The photo's were taken at Beverley.

post-22631-0-54679700-1443642385_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-50956700-1443642454_thumb.jpg

This next photo' is somewhat blurry, I was trying to pan the train. I've included it to just simply complete the set taken that afternoon.

post-22631-0-11599000-1443642481_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-36184800-1443642571_thumb.jpg

With best regards,

Rob.

• Like 9