New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

The new Rail Express has a small teaser stating they will soon be announcing their first new Ltd edition Bachmann model and it will be an up to date model. I am thinking maybe a class 57 Northern Belle or maybe 37401 in LL blue in current version.  Some interesting news and the first model they have produced since Rail Exclusive split away from the magazine.

And here comes another irritating wish list.....   :mail:

Is that a list of irritating wishes or an irritating list of wishes.... or an irritating list of irritating wishes? :)

Just add (irritatingly) to said (irritating) list: 4EPB, 4PEP, 4COR, 10201/2/3, L1, 6s or 6L, 4BEP, 4DD,... 

EDIT: forgot to mention 3H

• RMweb Gold

Whatever the prototype turns out to be, my first impression is that yet another commissioned model is going to be leapfrogging its merry way to the front of the production schedule.

Still more delays to long-announced models from Bachmann's own catalogue? 

John

• RMweb Gold

The new Rail Express has a small teaser stating they will soon be announcing their first new Ltd edition Bachmann model and it will be an up to date model. I am thinking maybe a class 57 Northern Belle or maybe 37401 in LL blue in current version.  Some interesting news and the first model they have produced since Rail Exclusive split away from the magazine.

the current releases of 57's are hitting the shops now, the Colas 37/4 and the Olivias 37/4's aren't due until the end of the year so could be right with 37401......that said do we need another BR Large Logo 37/4....they have done plenty before.....i'd much rather they did the coveted Froth tank with heavy weathered finish and massive overscale tension lock couplers

• RMweb Premium

Whatever the prototype turns out to be, my first impression is that yet another commissioned model is going to be leapfrogging its merry way to the front of the production schedule.

Still more delays to long-announced models from Bachmann's own catalogue? 

John

In another thread Chris Leigh hints that Bachmann is working on another commission for someone and that it is an all new model. Maybe this is it. Whatever, I do share your obvious frustration that catalogue models seem to be getting put back for all these commissions. Perhaps they're a better earner for Bachmann as the risk is with the commissioner?

Good luck to Rail Express whatever it is; sadly I suspect it won't be a standard Class 47 in BR Blue with sercks and dominoes.

I remember I think it was Chris Leigh at a show telling me that often the ltd edition models produced were actually often offered by Bachmann to make up production numbers. I think it was the Model rail 37 Grainflow he mentioned and what happens is Bachmann need to produce X amount of models per slot and then produce the liveries as needed this means these Ltd models are use up the unused model needed to be produced by the factory.

Unless this is a brand new model then these Ltd models really have no delay on other models coming out and probably make some runs of a model type more economical for Bachmann to produce.

One wonders, perhaps a Bachmann 47 in Colas? Seeing that Bachmann are expecting the 47s in Dec/Jan, it could be. A lot with 37s expected Nov/Dec/Jan and 08s Dec/Jan, as well as the 66s Jan/Feb. Offers a number of modern liveries for these models if Rail Express announce in the coming months. I doubt it shall be the latter, as Modern Railways 'loco 7' aka the Ltd GBRf 66745 is still available from their store. (Perhaps even an additional 37 in Colas to run with 37421?)

Eitherway, whether I shall buy what is announced or not, great to see another outfit commissioning modern liveries, as the limited edition options has seem limited over the last year or more.

Archived