New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

If we're going down the guessing route, with something that is up to date and current - and going by Rail Express / Rail Exclusives more recent models. I'd hazard a guess at one of the new gWr liveried 57/6s.

Problem with guessing is that with things ever changing on the current scene you still need to factor in a lead time for the model to be produced. It would help if there was a run in production of the class that your wanting to add onto, so as to speed things up and maintain timing. That all depends if Bachmann can accommodate the extra run. Even 47830 might be too late to be considered. 37401 in its present guise is another that it could be... 

Or it could go retro and produce something that was popular at the time. Interesting nonetheless. 

It is likely to be something to add volume to a forthcoming production run. The next run of 47s are due Dec/Jan so my bet is that it will be a duff.

By the way, despite my previous Kernow connections, I have absolutely no inside knowledge on this and most likely will be proved wrong!

I just fancied a bit of froth to get my heart pumping - I am just recovering from a heart operation!!

Andrew

I have it on good authority that Bachmann are working on a pair of certain themed class 66's, but would have thought they would be a LTM release rather than Rail Express.

There may or may not be an announcement from LTM at Warley this year. ;)

It is likely to be something to add volume to a forthcoming production run. The next run of 47s are due Dec/Jan so my bet is that it will be a duff.

By the way, despite my previous Kernow connections, I have absolutely no inside knowledge on this and most likely will be proved wrong!

I just fancied a bit of froth to get my heart pumping - I am just recovering from a heart operation!!

Andrew

Andrew, hope your recuperation is progressing well.

Regards

In another thread Chris Leigh hints that Bachmann is working on another commission for someone and that it is an all new model.

I have it on good authority that Bachmann are working on a pair of certain themed class 66's, but would have thought they would be a LTM release rather than Rail Express.

There may or may not be an announcement from LTM at Warley this year. ;)

This is getting exciting, is it a new tooling, or is it a London Underground 66. Certainly all sounds promising, and with the surprise announcement from Locomotion for the NRM Class 43 238 2015 has turned into a rather golden year for modern liveries.

Only one way to win at frothing now, list everything! (Its list or watch the Catch on C4....)

Modern liveries:

47s in Dec/Jan.

- West Coast

- rumoured GBRf (Riviera)

- Riviera Trains

- Freightliner - Two Green

- Colas

37s expected Nov/Dec/Jan 

- DRS revised

- DRS 401

- West Coast

- Colas (to run with 37421)

- Europhoneix

- Network Rail

08s Dec/Jan

- rumoured Freightliner Powerhaul

- Riviera Trains

- Network Rail

- EMT

- GWR

66s Jan/Feb

- GBRf MSC

- GBRf Clouds

- GBRf London Underground

- rumoured 'special' last 66 to be built GBRf

New tooling:

Class 800/801

Class 185

Class 180

Class 175

Class 73/9 either RVEL or Brush

09/Victoria Line Stock

95/Northern Line Stock

I have it on good authority that the Electrostar series of units are being looked at by someone, who could or could not be likely to be me...

but no actual date the news will be released?  whats the point of the announcement that there is going to be "an announcement"  then?   just stay schtum until you make the announcement.........what a non-thread (no fault of the OP).

but no actual date the news will be released? whats the point of the announcement that there is going to be "an announcement" then? just stay schtum until you make the announcement.........what a non-thread (no fault of the OP).

Same thing happens on TV news now - headline is often about the fact that the government (or other organisation) will announce a policy later that day, instead of just waiting and reporting the actual policy.

Same thing happens on TV news now - headline is often about the fact that the government (or other organisation) will announce a policy later that day, instead of just waiting and reporting the actual policy.

Same reason as we have Easter eggs in shops at Christmas :D

• RMweb Premium

Nothing in the new issue of Rail Express.  Is this just hot air?

Yes, I've been wondering how long this thread is going to be! Surely we will all know when an announcement is made. When is that expected? And meantime do we have to speculate for page after page?!

John

Nothing in the new issue of Rail Express.  Is this just hot air?

But does mention twice the the London Transport Museum shall be annoucing a limited edition at Warley. Could it of been a misunderstanding in last months magazine they they meant other announcements rather than theirs?

Nothing in the new issue of Rail Express. Is this just hot air?

Surely, they're building up the excitement aren't they? I do not expect an announcement from them until Warley next month quite frankly.

But does mention twice the the London Transport Museum shall be annoucing a limited edition at Warley. Could it of been a misunderstanding in last months magazine they they meant other announcements rather than theirs?

On the recent S stock tube trip I was informed that LTM will be making an announcement about their next limited edition model(s) which did not reference a collaboration with a third party other than the manufacturer concerned obviously.

A little bit of patience chaps, we're nearly there...

Surely, they're building up the excitement aren't they? I do not expect an announcement from them until Warley next month quite frankly.

On the recent S stock tube trip I was informed that LTM will be making an announcement about their next limited edition model(s) which did not reference a collaboration with a third party other than the manufacturer concerned obviously.

A little bit of patience chaps, we're nearly there...

Just seen a picture in the new (November) 'Rail Express' (Page 71) of an 'S' Stock train at Goldhawk Road in 'Mexican' Livery.

If you want to talk emu's how about all the modern sliding door units like the 313, 314, 315, 317, 319, 320, 321, 455, 456, 507, 508

Or the plug door units 323, 332, 333, 442, 444.

There is no point suggesting the 350 or 450 as Bachmann have already made them.

At Model Rail Scotland earlier this year the Bachmann spokesman told me that the 350/450 units had not sold as well as expected, as you can tell from the discount on them at some retailers, so it may be some time before they tackle another 4-car unit, with the 5-car 442 very unlikely, but these are just my personal assumptions from that chat.

Mal

Archived