New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

Rail Express limited edition

Thanks to everyone that has commented thus far. Just to answer a few points, Rail Express/Mortons Media has indeed commissioned Bachmann to produce the first limited edition OO gauge locomotive model for the magazine for a number of years. This is completely exclusive to Rail Express/Mortons Media and no other company or organisation is involved. It is also a re-livery of existing tooling and, as previously stated, represents a current day loco.

The first livery sample has been received but unfortunately this fell short of expectations, hence why it has not been publicly shown. A second livery sample is now awaited from the Far East. If this is received in time and is up to scratch, the model will be unveiled at the Warley show. If it isn't, it will be launched in the pages of Rail Express at the earliest opportunity. The price and ordering process will be detailed in due course.

Hope this answers everyone's points for now.

Simon Bendall

Rail Express Modeller editor

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to everyone that has commented thus far. Just to answer a few points, Rail Express/Mortons Media has indeed commissioned Bachmann to produce the first limited edition OO gauge locomotive model for the magazine for a number of years. This is completely exclusive to Rail Express/Mortons Media and no other company or organisation is involved. It is also a re-livery of existing tooling and, as previously stated, represents a current day loco.

The first livery sample has been received but unfortunately this fell short of expectations, hence why it has not been publicly shown. A second livery sample is now awaited from the Far East. If this is received in time and is up to scratch, the model will be unveiled at the Warley show. If it isn't, it will be launched in the pages of Rail Express at the earliest opportunity. The price and ordering process will be detailed in due course.

Simon Bendall

Thanks for the update Simon.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to everyone that has commented thus far. Just to answer a few points, Rail Express/Mortons Media has indeed commissioned Bachmann to produce the first limited edition OO gauge locomotive model for the magazine for a number of years. This is completely exclusive to Rail Express/Mortons Media and no other company or organisation is involved. It is also a re-livery of existing tooling and, as previously stated, represents a current day loco.

(My bold)

Let the re-frothing begin.

I'm gonna start with 57307 in "20 years of DRS" livery.

Cheers,

Mick

That was my thought too

37057 in green would be nice though

It'd be a unique tooling for the nose ends wouldn't it Jim?

Hi-intensity lamp with doors and skirts?

Saw her at BH before your Guvnor's snapped her up. Grids, Tugs 'n' Tractors (and Spoons...meh). Go Colas!

C6T.

• RMweb Premium

So was the 1160hp "hint" a red herring or not? I was hoping for a highland baby sulzer but the ne Bachmann 24/1 is still too far away and would presumably require a tooling variant.

Whilst the DRS 57 makes sense the timing doesn't seem right as there's not as far as I can see a new standard range 57 due in OO. My guess would be a Class 37 in view of their 50th anniversary and a whole host of refurbished versions are due in the next few months.

I was half expecting a special edition of D6700 from locomotion models but nothing's been announced... :-(

Thank you to Rail Express in bringing some sense to this thread. Livery samples on the 37s due in Nov/Dec/Jan were recieved ages ago, thus the 37 is out. 47s due Feb/Mar do not have any complex liveries for Bachmann to miss-represent, like wise with the 08s due Dec/Jan. This can only leave the 66s due Feb/Mar, and well, there are several complex GBRf liveries to choose from. If LTM are taking care of the LU liveries, leaves the rainbow 720 or MSC 709. Wonderful news if so, just the other day I was thinking now with 5 GBRf 66s i have too many, but soon I am to have 8! Just like with the real GBRf I shall have an oversupply of 66s!

(Only other complex modern livery I can think of are the two 170s with the Brecklands on AGA and the Boarders Rail on ASG)

The REx Announcement stated "It is also a re-livery of existing tooling and, as previously stated, represents a current day loco" so it won't be D6700 which is preserved.

Currently.

Sorry, some people should really lighten up. C6T.

• RMweb Premium

Simon Bendall

Ah come on Si please tell me, I won't let the others know. :secret:

Archived