New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

Have Bachmann done Tornado in all the liveries it has carried?  :nono:  :nono:

Quick to the bunker.........................................................

Rail Express tends to be Diesel and Electric aimed ... I'd be surprised if they produced a kettle

• RMweb Premium

Rail Express tends to be Diesel and Electric aimed ... I'd be surprised if they produced a kettle

Which is the latest new mainline locomotive to be built in Britain? Rail Express is about the current railway scene in Britain. Bachmann have produced a model of the class A1  locos so it fits the bill.

If anyone takes this post or my last seriously then I am at a lost.

It is a pity that despite being a D&E modeller the model will not possibly be suitable for me. When you model those dark off days when we had Sulzer Bo-Bos and Type 4 1/2s you can sometimes feel left out as the puffer nutters look down on you and the modern image guys think you are not a true D&E modeller because you don't have an all singing and dancing sound fitted EMD class 66.

• RMweb Premium

Have Bachmann done Tornado in all the liveries it has carried?  :nono:  :nono:

Quick to the bunker.........................................................

Tornado is too modern for you.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Built by Vossloh in Valencia, near Wigan, yes?

Thanks 'Chard.

Plus the 68s are not made by Bachmann.

Edit, the last British built loco before Tornado was 60500 and she was introduced on  09/02/1993, and the 60s are not made by Bachmann.

It has got to be a diesel or electric which is due from Bachmamn in the next few months but in

a different livery, Take a look at the Bachmam site for anything that is due in 2015 Q3 or 2016 Q1.

My predictive text cannot cope with Bachmann!

Thanks 'Chard.

Plus the 68s are not made by Bachmann.

Edit, the last British built loco before Tornado was 60500 and she was introduced on  09/02/1993, and the 60s are not made by Bachmann.

Think its definately not 60500, as that used to be 60017 if memory serves. Last British engine would be a 60. 60098 is commonly regarded as the last built, as it was named Charles Francis Brush, after the founder of Brush Engineering where the engines were made. 

Think its definately not 60500, as that used to be 60017 if memory serves. Last British engine would be a 60. 60098 is commonly regarded as the last built, as it was named Charles Francis Brush, after the founder of Brush Engineering where the engines were made. 

I believe Clive is refering to this locomotive:

http://www.theaylesburynews.com/images/60500%20Rail%20Magazine%20%20Derby%207-8-06.jpg

Regards,

Matt

• RMweb Premium

The last locomotive built for BR was a class 60 in the early 90s.......I just took the date of a class 60 database thing, it didn't mention it had be renumbered. Not interested in them, never proper green and never had D numbers, far far to modern.

Still got a Lima one sitting in primer to repaint to two tone green next time I do a batch of type 4 1/2s.

Why would the last one built not be 60100? 60500 was a renumber from an earlier built loco I thought 60016 but happy to be corrected.

Mark

Might be right that it was 16 that got renumbered, but it was something around that. Renumbred for rail magazines 500th edition. 96 I think was completed slightly after 100. The few there were close, another was completed the same day looking at records, but everyone goes for 96 as its named after Brush. 

Getting really fed up with the endless uninformed wish listing.....

Don't read the thread then. A seperate announcement thread, or a change of title to this thread, will happen when the model is announced.

Who cares anyway?

The loco will definitely not be a 26,27,31,33,50,52,56,58,60,67,68,76,77,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,90 or 92 as these are all made by other manufacturers (except the 90 which is some way off).

This narrows down the froth to something more like washing up suds!

Andrew

Archived