New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

• RMweb Gold

Thing is who really notices different light clusters and makes that the deciding feature over whether they buy a certain model

Ive got a compass 66 but wouldnt buy another because it has different lights thats for sure

For me something different from the norm livery wise would be the thing to get me to get my wallet out, but things like the cable thieves or drs 20 year livery wouldnt interest me as they are/will be short lived liveries

• RMweb Premium

I have to agree with Jim.

If for example it was the Cable Thieves liveried 57307 this wouldn't interest me because the livery is no longer current. For me to buy the model it would have to be a current livery and something which is difficult to find and come across even as a resprayed model. For example I don't currently own any form of GBRF loco but if it was any of 66711, 66718 or 66721 I would no doubt purchase it because these are special, one off liveries which are rarely even resprayed because of how intricate they are.

Personally I would like a DRS 20th Anniversary liveried 57307. Not sure if this would be possible though seen as it was only repainted/vinyled in mid July.

I would also buy the Northern Belle liveried 57/3s 57305 and 57312, but as I mentioned before there is no mention of multiple locos and I wouldn't buy one without the other.

Only issue with a 57 is that there are none in the production schedule for early next year.

If you look at the Bachmann website the current day models due are 08, 37, 47 and 66.

Of course I may be completely wrong!

• RMweb Premium

I completely agree with your thinking but 57309 in DRS Compass and 57312 in VT livery have both just been released so there is a possibility that another 57/3 could have been produced alongside those or just after those.

At the same time I do think it could be one of the three GBRF 66s as mentioned above just because all three are very recent repaints and are all special, unique and are rarely resprayed by anyone just because of how intricate the liveries are.

I would have suggested 37401 in it's current look but I don't think that the livery is intricate enough. I think it's fairly simply.

Other possibilities could be a Freightliner Powerhaul 08, Green Freightliner 47830 or any of the five GBRF/HNRC Class 47s although none of those liveries are particularly intricate and the five 47s have been repainted for several months now and I couldn't see those sparking an interest for Bachmann to produce them now. The Freightliner Powerhaul 08 and Green Freightliner 47830 are very recent repaints too, just within the last couple of months so I doubt that it would be either of those. So that pretty much rules all of those models/classes/liveries out of the equation.

Back to the drawing board haha :no:

I would have suggested 37401 in it's current look but I don't think that the livery is intricate enough. I think it's fairly simply.

While it fairly simple, it is not impossible to get incorrect.

We were told that "The first livery sample has been received but unfortunately this fell short of expectations, hence why it has not been publicly shown."

However, correctly so, no specifics are detailed for possibly giving the game away. So we have no idea what aspect fell short of the expectations, or to what degree. Therefore, it's still an open field and could well be 37401, or anything else suggested (or not).

post-20657-0-58985300-1446844994_thumb.jpg

Quite a few minor details, some of which may not have been picked up...white lamp irons for example.

Regards,

Matt

I have to agree with Jim.

If for example it was the Cable Thieves liveried 57307 this wouldn't interest me because the livery is no longer current. For me to buy the model it would have to be a current livery and something which is difficult to find and come across even as a resprayed model. For example I don't currently own any form of GBRF loco but if it was any of 66711, 66718 or 66721 I would no doubt purchase it because these are special, one off liveries which are rarely even resprayed because of how intricate they are.

Personally I would like a DRS 20th Anniversary liveried 57307. Not sure if this would be possible though seen as it was only repainted/vinyled in mid July.

I would also buy the Northern Belle liveried 57/3s 57305 and 57312, but as I mentioned before there is no mention of multiple locos and I wouldn't buy one without the other.

One of the problems is the time it takes to get the model released and that often puts the livery in jeopardy of being repainted, 57312 is a an example of this and seems a strange release, this has received a repaint, my question is will it sell in it's Virgin livery. In terms of the Class 66s, 66718, 720 and 721 have been in their liveries for a long time, hopefully they have read our thoughts on here. IMHO I think 66711 is probably to new to be released yet on a model.. a 57310 in the new DRS livery will be most welcome..

Based on yesterdays surprise announcement from Hornby / Locomotion regarding "Harry Patch" , it could even be a loco / livery combination non of us are aware of.

Yes, now that one came out of the blue...

I'm surprised all these people in the know didn't know !!

Looks very nice...

I find it highly unlikely that it will be 37401. Large logo must be one of the most reproduced liveries that Bachmann has produced, I've got three of them myself. A ltd edt really needs to be of wider appeal and of something a bit more special. Don't be surprised, if it were to be a 37, that it could be based on the next release of 37/7 heavyweight examples or perhaps 37/5 if it's an easier enough job to put the die back in the mold that creates the body side window.

That could open up a whole range of possibilities. 37515 in HNRC Orange anyone?? Also opens up the WCRC examples as well.

Marcus

• RMweb Premium

I'm certainly not ruling anything out because it could be something that hasn't even been mentioned by anyone in this thread so far.

I mean take 57312 for example in the last four years it has worn three different liveries: VT, Network Rail and Northern Belle. It has been produced by Bachmann in the Network Rail livery first of all and more recently VT livery. This just shows that nowadays liveries are forever changing and that it could be a wide variety of models already mentioned on here or maybe one that hasn't been mentioned at all.

• RMweb Gold

Has anybody done a Europhoenix Class 37? Are these the ones going on lease to Rail Operations Group?

https://flic.kr/p/rhAu1D

I asked Railtec back in March about doing transfers of the logo as I fancied detailing and repainting my TTS 37, its on a waiting list of transfers to be done apparently :( Ironicaly having seen photos of the loco in Rail Express.

Lovely looking loco.

37884 now wears a grey Rail Operations Group livery and it previously wore Europhoenix livery.

Technically, it's carrying both, the ROG lettering being a recent addition. It still has the silly yellow panel too.

Anyway, this is all academic- if you take the statement that the livery on the mock up needed redoing before approval, it is probably quite complex, such as the new DRS livery.

• RMweb Premium

All this speculation has of course been fun, but to be honest it's getting a bit boring now as pretty much all the options seem to have been covered; repeatedly. I'm almost getting to the point where I cease to care what it is. I appreciate Rail Express expected to have announced the loco by now but decided not to because of the paint issues, but I for one am no longer on tenterhooks waiting to hear what it is.

• RMweb Premium

Just thought of another possibility...

I saw 66528 in it's new Freightliner Powerhaul livery on Midland Road this morning. Bachmann are releasing a standard Powerhaul 66416 early next year so this could be an opportunity to produce 528 complete with etched nameplates. After all 528 is the first of the heavy haul FL 66s to be repainted and has been named.

Archived