New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

Team Rail Express are pleased to announce the model is 66720 in gbrf 'night and day' livery. Bachmann have done a superb job and feel free to come to our stand to inspect the sample for yourself, sure you'll be impressed!

Pre orders are now being taken at Warley for £139.99 including Royal Mail special delivery.

I'll try and add some pics later today, currently unable to reduce them to the required 1mg file size via iPhone.

Alex

The trick Alex is to email yourself the photo in reduced resolution - I usually pick "medium"

Save it to your camera roll.

Then use this photo to attach.

It looks good (720).... Shame I have one already ...

I'll try and add some pics later today, currently unable to reduce them to the required 1mg file size via iPhone.

Alex

I always take a bigger (wider angle) shot and crop it in photos...it's worked every time!

Unfortunately I can't justify getting '720, but well done everyone who's had a hand in producing it :)

Thanks,

Jack.

To calm nerves of those not at warley, it is not entirely clear how you were to order. If you stood there staring at it, you would not of been quizzed. You had to ask to order it, and as I did, there must of been 7 passers by who were interested but did not order. Thus I would suspect everyone who wants it can have it.

It does look amazing, I read this announcement whilst traveling up to Warley, but thought, nope, I do not need it....but soon as I saw it I had to have it ! Im sure photos shall surface soon. It is due May/June 2016. Plenty of time to order.

Sorted, heres a couple of taster pics taken last week of the pre production sample. Only phone quality but Simon or myself will post some proper ones soon. 

I'll let Simon answer the remaining questions, look out for ordering details in the next issue. 

I'm sure there will be enough to go around, but first come first served and we don't envisage them being around for too long. 

Alex

post-9660-0-02899500-1448839076.jpgpost-9660-0-27538900-1448839085.jpg

Couple of pictures of 66720 here for those who didn't get a chance to see it at Warley. Online ordering is in the process of  being put in place - will be available asap - and it will be in the next issue as well. There are still plenty available to pre-order.

Just to reiterate, this sample was only received 12 days or so ago and the decision to start taking pre-orders at Warley couldn't be made until it had arrived and been approved, so it simply wasn't possible to put it in the current issue of Rail Express.

Simon Bendall

Rail Express Modeller editor

post-27428-0-66974300-1448839649_thumb.jpg

post-27428-0-85932100-1448839662_thumb.jpg

oooh, thats nice, i'm a sucker for GBRf 66s being as ive driven most of the low numbered ones, hope i can get one of these

Thanks Jim. I'm sure if you gave Mortons a call they'd be able to take your details. And anyone else for that matter. 

And now we have some decent pics  :sungum: definitely a sunglasses job!

I've been told you have to pay in full when pre-ordering this model. I'm not particularly comfortable with this as you 'normally' pay when models arrive in stock but will have to accept Mortons' T&Cs.

Did those ordering at Warley also have to pay in full?

Archived