New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

Guest eddie reffin

How about this little chap.

post-3930-0-00268500-1447325448_thumb.jpeg

Possibly not complex enough livery but getting some of the printing right on the sides could be difficult

Has it been painted in the latest 'GWR' green? was there not a Kernow limited edition of that one before in another GWR green livery?

Not sure if there are any other Class 08s due as catalogue models

Yes, fully resplendent in the new 'dark' green - though whether this a difficult livery or demonstrates enough change to distance it far enough from the Kernow offering from a few years ago, I wouldn't like to say.

3 nr. 08's due after Christmas.

Edited for spelling.

It will be a joke if it is missing the apostrophe!  :jester:

Failing that, and I understand the loco is named Beeching's Legacy, it has some significance, as Freightliner was one of the very positive developments to come from the Reshaping Report.  For many of us, possibly even the majority on here, given our bias, this loco name will be a sombre or at least sobering sobriquet!  In that respect it is cleverly double-edged.

Rail Express limited edition

Just to give an update, Bachmann has pulled out the stops and provided a second fully finished sample, which, I'm happy to say, is much more like it. They've done an excellent job of a difficult livery. The model will therefore be launched as planned at Warley and will be on show at the Rail Express stand (A38) from opening on the Saturday. Delivery is due next year but pre-orders will be able to be placed during the weekend.  :)

Simon Bendall

Rail Express Modeller editor

• RMweb Premium

Just to give an update, Bachmann has pulled out the stops and provided a second fully finished sample, which, I'm happy to say, is much more like it. They've done an excellent job of a difficult livery. The model will therefore be launched as planned at Warley and will be on show at the Rail Express stand (A38) from opening on the Saturday. Delivery is due next year but pre-orders will be able to be placed during the weekend.  :)

Simon Bendall

You are such a tease........................

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Simon Bendall

Hi Si

So what is complicated about this livery?

Simon Bendall

Personally, I think it would have been nice to announce it to your subscribers first and give them the first opportunity to pre-order.

Archived