New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure it will still sell. If you model in the relevant period, collect unique models, just like it... Then you will want it. The fact that the prototype isn't in that livery anymore (or in fact doesn't exist!) doesn't stop many models being sold.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for letting us know.

So glad I haven't already pre-ordered it and the payment hasn't been taken. If this happens within the next few months before it's released then I doubt that many of them will sell.

I am also sure that the original article stated something along the lines of "it is likely to be in this livery for several years". Hmm maybe wishful thinking especially seen as though nothing is guaranteed with the liveries that locos wear nowadays. If I was Rail Express I definitely wouldn't have written something like that in the article because it's more or less suggesting a more concrete level of knowledge that the loco won't be repainted anytime soon.

It's a rumour. And you know what they say about rumours.... 

So glad I haven't already pre-ordered it and the payment hasn't been taken. If this happens within the next few months before it's released then I doubt that many of them will sell.

Well if you take that theory to it's ill-logical conclusion, no models of any GWR, LMS, LNER or SR steam engines would ever have been sold because they were all in BR liveries by the time a model came out ??

This whole hobby is about nostalgia; people buy engines that mean something to them regardless of current livery.

• RMweb Premium

Well if you take that theory to it's ill-logical conclusion, no models of any GWR, LMS, LNER or SR steam engines would ever have been sold because they were all in BR liveries by the time a model came out ??

This whole hobby is about nostalgia; people buy engines that mean something to them regardless of current livery.

Whilst I appreciate your point, for me personally I like to try and keep as up to date as possible now regarding running numbers and liveries of modern image locos and stock. Yes I know this isn't always possible and I do have models that aren't in the same livery as what they are now although I would rather save my money for other models that are in the correct livery at the time of purchase as to what they are in reality.

I try to keep as uptodate as possible but it's just impossible withthe time to produce models these days. I have finally got a full northern rail fleet and it is now defunct with Arriva taking over, but the Livery will live on and there's always Tcut to debrand.

I ordered this model recently and even if it is lost in real life I'll still run it because I like it. I am also a big GBRf and EWS/Schenker fan.

Brought the DRS 57 and just hated it. No reason why, but love the 37's. It's choice. Big fan of sheds as well, but my DRS 66 just doesn't look right for me amongst the maroon and red :-).

That's what makes the hobby great, We're all different and it's great to see the hard work from individuals on the forum.

• RMweb Premium

I try to keep as uptodate as possible but it's just impossible withthe time to produce models these days. I have finally got a full northern rail fleet and it is now defunct with Arriva taking over, but the Livery will live on and there's always Tcut to debrand.

I ordered this model recently and even if it is lost in real life I'll still run it because I like it. I am also a big GBRf and EWS/Schenker fan.

Brought the DRS 57 and just hated it. No reason why, but love the 37's. It's choice. Big fan of sheds as well, but my DRS 66 just doesn't look right for me amongst the maroon and red :-).

That's what makes the hobby great, We're all different and it's great to see the hard work from individuals on the forum.

Couldn't agree more here.

We have our own preferences in this hobby. People like me and you like to be as up to date as possible although this isn't always possible when liveries change so quickly in reality and it takes years for a model to be produced before it's released. Others don't mind having locos with not current liveries especially people who model the steam era.

A shame to hear that your Northern Rail fleet is now defunct because the majority of units have been debranded and I'm sure soon will be repainted into a new livery. Although like you say the Northern Rail livery is good and will live on and you could also debrand your own units if you wanted to and possibly even respray them when they get repainted in reality.

It's down to the individual really as to how up to date or not up to date they want to be. I really like the DRS sheds too. I have Stobart Rail 66411 and DRS Compass 66412. I have had these since purchased new around eleven years ago. With the Revised 66434 coming out soon it is likely that these two will continue running for a while but will be taken out of service in the not too distant future.

Rumour going around GBRf that 66720 is about to be repainted back into standard Europorte livery, imagine that may have an effect on sales ?.

Certainly haven't heard a rumour internally she's being repainted. Paint looked fine to me the other day when I had her on the Stud Farm to Westbury ballast.

Plenty others to do first such as the Purple First group examples.

Marcus

• RMweb Premium

Certainly haven't heard a rumour internally she's being repainted. Paint looked fine to me the other day when I had her on the Stud Farm to Westbury ballast.

Plenty others to do first such as the Purple First group examples.

Marcus

Paint???

You mean the vinyls........?

Cheers,

MIck

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Don't worry Jim I won't call you Shirley......

It's just I was told at Warley last year it would be out for release around March April time

You may have been given a slightly incorrect arrival/release date.

Bachmann are producing several Class 66 models for release within the coming months. Some are standard models whilst others are Limited Editions. They are all due to arrive in April, May, June and July. So it's spread over four months or so. No mention of March release to my knowledge.

The 66s due for release are:

66416, 66418, 66434, 66718, 66720 and 66721.

416 and 434 are standard models whilst the other four are Limited Editions.

Hope this helps.

• RMweb Premium

If 66418 is on its way then I presume 66416 is in the same container if it's showing an April/May availability date ..

Yes I would agree.

416 is showing arrival April/May and 418 is expected to arrive in May. 434 is showing May/June and as far as I know 718, 720 and 721 are all expected late Summer so June/July I would say.

• RMweb Premium

You could well be right Mick!

66779 could be a possibility especially considering it's due for unveiling on the 10th of May. Even more of a coincidence that the ship will be arriving in May.

• RMweb Premium

You could well be right Mick!

66779 could be a possibility especially considering it's due for unveiling on the 10th of May. Even more of a coincidence that the ship will be arriving in May.

Bachmann would really have to be going something if it could produce a run of 66779 already. Even assuming a run was commissioned once t he livery was decided, that's still a very short lead time considering a livery sample will need to have been approved.

Presumably KMRC's limited edition was the first to be commissioned as it's product code ends with a Z, so will probably be the first to appear too. I haven't seen the product codes of the LTM or RE models. If there's a letter gap, presumably there's something else as yet unannounced.

• RMweb Premium

Bachmann would really have to be going something if it could produce a run of 66779 already. Even assuming a run was commissioned once t he livery was decided, that's still a very short lead time considering a livery sample will need to have been approved.

Who knows when the livery for 66779 was decided? It could easily have been 12 months ago.

Look how Hornby/ Locomotion announced and made available the Harry Patch hst on the day the prototype was revealed.

Cheers

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Who knows when the livery for 66779 was decided? It could easily have been 12 months ago.

Look how Hornby/ Locomotion announced and made available the Harry Patch hst on the day the prototype was revealed.

Cheers

Mick

True, but wouldn't that mean only GBRf could have commissioned it as none of the regular commissioners would have known. Not dismissing the possibility, I still think it's very unlikely.

As far as I'm aware the LT museum 66s are being made in the same production run as 66720 and will likely be shipped together. Most models are made in batches of class now for ease of production. Not always, but mostly. 

By all means correct me if I'm wrong but has 66434's delivery changed thus making me think all the 66's are due in the same container? Noticed also that the price of this model has gone up before the release, is this normal and likely to go back down?

Archived