New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

• RMweb Gold

If you happen to be in or near Eastleigh today you will find 66720 parked up by the station. Cannot provide any photographs of the other side but some to provide some inspiration for weathering - if you dare! Do please pm me if you want any high res files.

all the best

Godfrey

Hello all,

Anyone know which traffic it worked that led to this kind of weathering? Cement? Ballast?

Cheers

Ben A.

It's been on the Westbury and Eastleigh bulk ballasts in the last week before that picture Ben, so presumably the loader at Stud Farm or Mountsorrel if it wasn't like that a week or two ago

Jo

If you happen to be in or near Eastleigh today you will find 66720 parked up by the station. Cannot provide any photographs of the other side but some to provide some inspiration for weathering - if you dare! Do please pm me if you want any high res files.

all the best

Godfrey

This livery looks like the graffiti artists have been at it. Was it a design submitted by a child? (that is a serious question BTW).

• RMweb Premium

This livery looks like the graffiti artists have been at it. Was it a design submitted by a child? (that is a serious question BTW).

Yes. IIRC, kids of GBRf employees - the winner was Emily Goodman - 6 years old at the time.

It's not actually painted, but wrapped in vinyl like many of the current liveries.

Dapol produced it in N gauge a number of years ago.

Cheers,

Mick

It's not actually painted, but wrapped in vinyl like many of the current liveries.

Yep it's a Metronet livery one, with the vinyl over the bodysides. The orange and blue are still the original paint, the last one in fact.

Jo

• RMweb Premium

Yep it's a Metronet livery one, with the vinyl over the bodysides. The orange and blue are still the original paint, the last one in fact.

Jo

LT liveried 66718 still has a Metronet blue roof.

Cheers,

Mick

I was under the impression it was a fresh coat of blue, certainly looked very shiny when ex works.

I'm not sure if the slight variation in shade is down to age, dirt, a different batch of paint, or, or, or...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenwetherall-railphotography/11373995496/in/photolist-ik6h3V-c67Lh9-bqnAkQ-ik5GAC-cfbVjJ-chsyj9-c67L2C-bqnzgj-bqnzXw-bDhtmP-bDhsZH-EP5evL-bqnyW1-bqnzyj-bDhsB4-EP5euo-EXfaz5-ik5SCE-iB54Rg-bvrKBb-JBEuju-bvauKh-C7uoBf-3aPbJX/

I've seen a class 59 and a 60 stabled next to each other, both painted at Toton in the same red paint look different shades due to age, especially on the roof where a shinier paint reflects more sky!

Enough paint froth for tonight, anyway :-p

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else noticed the £20 price increase in one month from £139.99 to £159.99?

As with the LT Museum Class 66s, the models arrived at a higher price than had been expected. Unfortunately this couldn't be absorbed into the existing relatively low price so the cost had to rise on the unsold models. All pre-orders were honoured at the original £139.99.

Simon

Archived