New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

... announcing their first new Ltd edition Bachmann model and it will be an up to date model...

How is that to be read, with emphasis on the italicised text? Possibly naively, I read it as 'our (RE's) first commission of an all new model with Bachmann'.

And that was before reading this post:

In another thread Chris Leigh hints that Bachmann is working on another commission for someone and that it is an all new model. Maybe this is it....

Time for the 100ton capacity bogie froth tanker?

I really don't feel there should be any concern over 'queue jumping'. Any manufacturing outfit operating on some scale is juggling multiple balls at all times. Ensuring cashflow is maintained, keeping skilled project teams consistently loaded with gainful work, trying to plan a pipeline of production slots to completely fill the available manufacturing capabilities; there'll be a team of planners continuously sweating over the detail of this to satisfy the owners that the assets are being optimally worked at all times.

Inevitably, any product with better than average profit earning potential for the business is prioritised and advances up the queue. Maximising the return on the assets today is always going to win out: but this does mean that there is more likely to be a business still functioning to eventually get around to the less profitable items, as and when  they can be fitted in.

I know it was said in jest, but I would buy a froth tank just to upset some of the more rabid people who go on and on.

If Hornby can make a limited edition special liveried wagon every year, I woundering if they would make one?

Perhaps you should commission one ;-)

• RMweb Premium

My guess is,

Fastline IIA coal wagons, much needed by my Fastline class 56.

Although the IIA does look similar to a HTA, apart from the main visible difference being the bogies and buffers, there are other variations, the biggest of which is the angle of the ends - the HTA is steeper than a IIA.

(Farish have correctly produced in N, the IIA and HTA with different angles)

Cheers,

Mick

A Brush Type 4 in two tone green, small yellow panel and Serck shutters. Only half the class entered service in this guise, so it is a must.

Or limited edtion unit, a Lee Valley Derby DMU (class 125) now the 117 is going to be made.

not really the up to date privatisation model suggested in the editors comments though....

the current releases of 57's are hitting the shops now, the Colas 37/4 and the Olivias 37/4's aren't due until the end of the year so could be right with 37401......that said do we need another BR Large Logo 37/4....they have done plenty before.....i'd much rather they did the coveted Froth tank with heavy weathered finish and massive overscale tension lock couplers

It was mentioned some time back that RE were considering producing IC Swallow liveried 37's - as either a twin pack of 37/5's or 37/5+37/0.  If Bachmann are producing it, it's unlikely to be a 47,after the success of their previous Vi Trains L/Editions. 

Archived