New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

After all Bachmann and Hornby have competed in the steam market with their A1 & A4 models aswell as Classes 37, 40, 47 & 90 so why not either a 91 or as I suggested a 92. I would definitely by 1 of each if they were made and as I have a freightliner 66 I think a 92 in freightliner would be a fantastic addition to any loco fleet.

Can't imagine it would fit in well within my fleet given it's heavy steam dominance. Sorry, but I wouldn't buy one if someone gave me the money. Not interested in 92's in any livery.

Regards,

Matt

Based on Bachmann range, it could be

GWR 57/6

DRS newest livery 57/3 or the anniversary livery

37401 large logo

DRS sticker 66

AI 66

Powerhaul 66

Chiltern 168/3

FGW dynamic lines 150/2

Mind you, there have been some interesting repainted on class 08s this year too.

Some good shout's there, but they've already done a 57 in GWR and I think a Powerhaul 66 is in the standard catalogue.

A 66 in the new DRS logo would be nice or a 150 in Dynamic lines would also be most welcome..

Would 37401 have much of an impact as there have been so many Large Logo 37's released...

How about one of these...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16645820@N06/16181736194/in/album-72157633484702592/

or one of these

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16645820@N06/19347684599/in/album-72157633484702592/

Froth, froth....

then disappointment...

• RMweb Premium

Some good shout's there, but they've already done a 57 in GWR and I think a Powerhaul 66 is in the standard catalogue.

A 66 in the new DRS logo would be nice or a 150 in Dynamic lines would also be most welcome..

Nobody has yet done a 57 in the new GWR livery - they've done variants of First GW.

Hornby have done the Powerhaul 66 - not Bachmann.

Bachy are already doing 66434 with the simplified livery - I don't think there's any 66's in the 68 style livery though.

Cheers,

Mick

It would be great to see what it would be like if they do.

6 axle powerful drive, opening cab doors, working pantographs actually wired to the motor without a roof switch so that no matter whether just the track is wired to represent the locos running in 3rd rail territory or 1 rail + OHLE the loco could be operated.

Any thoughts guys.

Yes. Why have it pick up from the overhead, but not the third rail...?

Nobody has yet done a 57 in the new GWR livery - they've done variants of First GW.

Hornby have done the Powerhaul 66 - not Bachmann.

Bachy are already doing 66434 with the simplified livery - I don't think there's any 66's in the 68 style livery though.

Cheers,

Mick

Mick

You don't mean either of these liveries ??

http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=21

http://www.ehattons.com/37444/Bachmann_Branchline_32_752Y_Class_57_Diesel_57605_Totnes_Castle_in_First_Great_Western_blue_Kernow_Limited_/StockDetail.aspx

And sorry, I mean't a Class 57 in the new DRS...

Bachmann are definately producing a 66 in Powerhaul it's 66416 Catalogue 32-981

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Mick

You don't mean either of these liveries ??

http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=21

http://www.ehattons.com/37444/Bachmann_Branchline_32_752Y_Class_57_Diesel_57605_Totnes_Castle_in_First_Great_Western_blue_Kernow_Limited_/StockDetail.aspx

And sorry, I mean't a Class 57 in the new DRS...

Bachmann are definately producing a 66 in Powerhaul it's 66416 Catalogue 32-981

Cheers

No. Here's another FGW variant

This is the "new" GWR livery that hasn't been done yet.

EDIT ( remove 57 comment) A 68 style 57/3 would be a good bet as it's another one that could be up for problems applying the livery, as previously alluded to.

Didn't know about Bachmann doing a Powerhaul 66 - ta for that.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

I reckon a new style DRS livery 57 is a good shout, mainly because of what left my workbench not too long ago. (sods law etc !!)

Cheers,

Phil.

:offtopic: Yes I know it is................but it's about time this man posted some of his work on here, come on Phil about time you had a workbench thread, I'm sure Mick would agree  ;)

• RMweb Premium

I think that you might be along the right lines. No pun intended haha.

However I doubt that the Revised/New DRS livery would be on a DRS Class 47 because 810 is the only one of the class that wears it and ViTrains have already produced a Limited Edition model of this loco in conjunction with Rail Exclusive.

I would be tempted to say a Revised DRS 57/3 because 57310 was the first of the four currently wearing the livery (on a 57/3) to be unveiled in it and if I remember rightly this was over a year ago now. I think sometime in September 2014. The remaining three were then duly outshopped into the Revised livery. I think 301 was next, then 303 and then 306 last in January/February this year. That would provide a good enough time span to be able to seek permission from DRS and exchange paperwork etc.

At the same time it could also be a Northern Belle 57/3 because these were also outshopped roughly a year ago.

The 57/3 is an existing model and has been for some time and there are many options for further liveries as I have mentioned previously: DRS Revised, Northern Belle, DRS 20th Anniversary and WCRC Maroon that haven't as yet been produced by a standard manufacturer.

Just a couple of guesses. It can't be anything too recent like GWR 57/6s because the first two were only outshopped a couple of months ago and I don't think there would be enough time to get authority and permissions etc.

No. Here's another FGW variant

This is the "new" GWR livery that hasn't been done yet.

EDIT ( remove 57 comment) A 68 style 57/3 would be a good bet as it's another one that could be up for problems applying the livery, as previously alluded to.

Didn't know about Bachmann doing a Powerhaul 66 - ta for that.

Cheers,

Mick

That 57'6 is a bit drab......they can leave that well alone..

• RMweb Premium

How about a Virgin Trains Class 90?

See this post for further details.

The key wording is It is also a re-livery of existing tooling and, as previously stated, represents a current day loco.

The other major factor is that it is an existing Bachmann model

Cheers,

Mick

How about a Virgin Trains Class 90?

See this post for further details.

The key wording is It is also a re-livery of existing tooling and, as previously stated, represents a current day loco.

The other major factor is that it is an existing Bachmann model

Cheers,

Mick

Oh my bad. I thought the Class 90 would have qualified as its in progress and its in the Bachmann range.

I came up with this one back on post 22..........................

• RMweb Premium

Getting really fed up with the endless uninformed wish listing.....

Don't read the thread then. A seperate announcement thread, or a change of title to this thread, will happen when the model is announced.

Archived