Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Monthly meeting on the 18th October, The next meeting will see our 2 Rail F/S and Scale 7 Running track up in Sompting Village Hall, West St, Sompting, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 0BE from 1pm to 5pm. All welcome to come along and visit. You're welcome to bring along your stock to try out.

Michael

Edited by mike hughes
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Our next meeting is on the 15th November at Sompting Village Hall, 1-5pm. This time will see our new exhibition layout being worked upon. It's based upon a fictitious branch line terminus of the S&DJR. Also members working on their own projects.

Our last meeting saw our running track being reasonably well used but unfortunately no representation from Scale 7 this time. Sorry can't remember what J class is hauling the maroon coaches, all I can remember it was a Connoisseur kit.

Michael

post-1675-0-08468400-1445409702_thumb.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last meeting saw a deluge of visitors which hopefully a couple of them will become members. The running track was well used and from now onwards from the next meeting (17th January) the Running track will be up at each meeting. As ever visitors and new members always welcome. I've included a few of our members and visitors photos of their rolling stock.

Photo 1-11 shows a Bachmann Class 03 with one of our VAA's and also a couple of our Scratch built Suburban coaches and a MTK Ivatt 2-6-2

Photo 2-1 shows a LMS Garrett

Photo 2-22 is of a S7 Sentinel Y1 or Y3

Photo 1-10 is of a LSWR M7 with a Scratch built SECR Birdcage set with one of our Class 121 DMU

Michael

post-1675-0-73955400-1450944109_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-91800800-1450944131_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-10539200-1450944153_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-99274500-1450944256_thumb.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Next meeting is on Sunday 21st February in Sompting village hall from 1-5pm in which the running track will be up. Last meeting couldn't attend as at work. In the meeting a plan was made to redesign the trestles and the outcome was to make new ones which will be easier to transport. The new design consists of 2 wooden legs with a bolt in the middle of them to make them a X shape and then bolt them under each board at one end only and have one board with legs at each end. I've also been told that the station building has been started for our layout with a possible plan to make one of the sidings into a military siding

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've an update for tomorrow's meeting and can confirm that the test track will be up. Also the first of the new design of trestles will be shown off and fitted the boards and a discussion about them. We've also amongst the group started a newsletter to keep our members informed on what's happening in the group.

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

After seeing some of the boards with new trestles, I was quite impressed. We shall wait patiently for the others to appear. We had a good turnout and also gaining a few members as well.

Next meeting will defiantly see the running track up on the 17th April.

 

post-1675-0-35821100-1459459664_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-17355300-1459459682_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-97616900-1459459705_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-11242200-1459459725_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-62934800-1459459741_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-49534200-1459459758_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-88739900-1459459775_thumb.jpg

post-1675-0-23606400-1459459791_thumb.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Due to a mix up and our club day clashing with another event there wasn't a meeting last month but the next meeting is this coming Sunday 19th June. This time our fictious S&D branch Line layout is being worked upon. Sompting Villiage Hall 1-5pm

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the meeting yesterday, the layout was up to see what needs to be done to complete it. Since the last time we had it up we've had a slight change of mind of what's going to happen to it. At the siding closest to the camera is now going to be a military siding with an appropriate building to be built (there used to be a airfield at Westonzoyland). Originally at the end of this siding there was going to be a level crossing and signal box but now the signal box is going to be moved and the level crossing has been abolished. On the right second board in is going to be like a field there with at least one piece of abandoned farm machinery and I believe also a pway type yard. The sidings at the far end is going to have a coal dump (may be coal stathes?) The station building is still going on the platform between the first and second board to help disguise the joint. For the fiddle yard board which still needs constructing we're going to be using a cassette system. One thing we still couldn't get decided is how best to transport and store the boards so they don't get damaged. Hope that's all clear.

Michael     

post-1675-0-43187300-1466440560_thumb.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

In our last meeting we had the running track up with the new legs, which fitted perfectly. We have now resist the temptation to lean on the boards as now it's just the right height for that. Next meeting is 21st August at Sompting village hall, 1-5pm. We shall be working on our layout. I know if I can make it, I shall be working on making some signals

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Last meeting saw our running track up on the 18th September (and whooops for  not putting the date here) We had a meeting to sort a few things out and as had problems in changing our name on the accounts to the South coast O, so we decided to revert to the West Sussex O Gauge group (any ideas how to change the title?) Anyway the next meeting is the 23rd October 1-5pm in Sompting Village Hall

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Our last meeting we was working on our layout. We've decided to make a new board as currently the fourth board is a different height to all the others. This is the board just before the fiddle yard. On this board as a transition to the fiddle yard, we're going to have a Military type warehouse next to the siding with a chainlink fencing along with a gate into the siding. To gain access to the warehouse there will be an overbridge about halfway along the board.

We've seen a part built station building and a part built signal box. We've also made the holes for the signal bases (MSE signals with a solenoid operating system) There will be one SR rail built signal and two SR Dummy (shunt) signals.

At the moment we've pencilled in a demonstration on how to use a static grass applicator for part of the scenery. Hopefully I will be able to confirm this after our next meeting. 

Our next meeting is the 20th November (Sompting Village Hall 1-5pm) which will see the Running track up and available for use.

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold

Last meeting saw our running track up on the 18th September (and whooops for  not putting the date here) We had a meeting to sort a few things out and as had problems in changing our name on the accounts to the South coast O, so we decided to revert to the West Sussex O Gauge group (any ideas how to change the title?) Anyway the next meeting is the 23rd October 1-5pm in Sompting Village Hall

 

Michael

You go back to your first post and you can edit the title.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Next meeting is Sunday January 15th. This will see the running track up and more importantly see a demonstration by one of our members on static grass application. Feel free to come along and visit. 1-5 pm Sompting Village hall

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Next meeting is the 19th February. The last meeting saw the running track up. We also had a meeting and decided for the March and April meetings that both the layout and running track will be up. On the outside finescale track, we shall turn this in to either a  DC or DCC track. Anyone wanting to use it as a DCC track will have to bring their own controller.

Due to it being too cold we weren't treated a static grass application demonstration but were treated to a demonstration on Resistance soldering which we all found to be very useful. More demonstrations will follow.

Hope to see you there at next meeting

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some photos from the last couple of meetings that I've attended.

Image 0001 is of the layouts station building being worked upon

Image 0008 is a Lionheart scale 7 pannier tank and auto coach

Image 0029 is a Dapol 08

Image 0031 is a blurry LBSCR C2X

Image 0032 is a DJH Ivatt 2-6-2T

The last 2 are of the demonstration of Resistance soldering. Its on a steel plate and the brass is held down by magnets and the other just shows the equipment being used

 

Michaelpost-1675-0-38057100-1486333744_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-29670400-1486333758_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-08060800-1486333770_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-58210800-1486333786_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-65946700-1486333797_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-37221600-1486333822_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-88261000-1486333834_thumb.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Next meeting is Sunday 16th April in which the running track will be up. Last meeting had a few intermittent problems with the electrics. Found out that nearly all the term block screws leading in to the plug couplers were loose. Their not any more.

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

The next meeting is 18th of June. Sompting Village Hall 1-5pm

In this meeting we've doubled up the wires through the plug couplers on the boards round the back. We've were shown the 2 ends of the station building for our layout 'Westonzoyland'

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Next meeting is 23rd July in which the running track and our layout will be up.

The last meeting had a discussion about If anything needed doing before our running track appears at the Worthing Model Railway show 23/24th September. Visitors are allowed to bring their locos along to try and if they want to run DCC they have to bring along their own Controller

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.