NRM 40 Class 43 (HST)

Andy Y

Aye, Ive been lobbying Oxfords to release the VTEC livery asap. But I feel we are going to miss out to the older liveries which are 'hugely popular'.

Good to hear someone else also wishes to see VTEC from Oxfords.

Been confirmed the limited edition certificate is linked to time of order and not time of reserving. Thus might of missed out on 238/500 but likely be in the lower figure 1-20/500 :)

Hi

Please pm me your name and I'll check and resend

Cheers

Sandra

I know I could wait the week, yet I shall cease the moment to ask. What is the running number of the standard livery 43 which goes with 43238? It was 43312 (I seem to recall) which ran with 43238 at the launch, but was some time ago. Could be confused with the standard Hornby release which includes 43312.

Good to see that the PCs will be with us very soon but, according to an e.mail from Hattons today, the VTEC coaches are not due until end of October. Very disappointing so come on Oxford Rail, can you compete with that delivery date???

What a relief! I have been rather nervous about how these were going to turn out (Hornby are not know for livery matching), but that looks utterly superb! i like the attention to detail in removing the exhaust hood and what appears to be etched nameplates (absent from Harry Patch).

Appears the delivery must of arrived a day early. In the email to reservists, the delivery was expected on Wednesday 20th with dispatch starting then, until the 22nd where by there would be a break until 1st Aug due to some event on at Locomotion. Hopefully with its arrival a day early, reservists who ordered on immediate receipt of the email shall be more satisfied if one turned up in the post tomorrow :)

Beauty! (and good to see 43312 confirmed with the set)

Just a shame one is already on eBay for £399 whilst you can get one at Locomotion...

But does mean, ours might arrive tomorrow. I am going to be like an excited dog waiting for the postman.

• RMweb Premium

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

B&gger.

Looks like I need some matching coaches.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

Don't do it.....

B&gger.

Looks like I need some matching coaches.

Cheers,

Mick

Thank god I decided to make my platform long enough to accommodate these lengths of trains

Me too. I resisted until this morning when I saw the photos.

That's HST number 7.

Don't do it..... Don't do it..... Don't do it..... Don't do it..... Don't do it..... Don't do it..... Don't do it..... Don't do it.....  B&gger. Looks like I need some matching coaches.   Cheers,Mick

Just a shame one is already on eBay for £399 whilst you can get one at Locomotion...

Well I am hugely impressed. I reported the find on eBay to Locomotion and within a day (or two) the listing had terminated. That shows to me, quite simply, Locomotion offer the best customer care/service out there.

To profit of a charity is morally indefensible and I am pleased to see the listing terminated.

Why is this any different than the APT-E that were appearing on eBay for silly prices? Once the product is bought surely the buyer can ask for what he wants? whether he gets it is another matter. 

Edited by thebritfarmer

Do you not think its a bit out of order, especially when there are still 80 odd left according to the locomotion website at £225?

Its called the free market, if anyone is stupid enough to pay the inflated price for one while they are still freely available from Locomotion (which is easily checked with a 5 second web search) then they deserve everything they get!

• RMweb Gold

Do you not think its a bit out of order, especially when there are still 80 odd left according to the locomotion website at £225?

Agree but it happens every time Locomotion release a limited edition.Any attempt to stop it is like holding back the tide.Market forces and all that "it's a free country" slogan.You wish! I don't personally care for it but as long as the greedy and gullible exist then chancers will always profit on e bay

Hello all,

Picked mine up from Locomotion yesterday sadly the other power car is 43312 which will clash with the Hornby VTEC set R3390TTS.

I know it already clashes with the re-sprayed set I have 43311 & 43312.

Regards

Roy

Hello all,

Picked mine up from Locomotion yesterday sadly the other power car is 43312 which will clash with the Hornby VTEC set R3390TTS.

I know it already clashes with the re-sprayed set I have 43311 & 43312.

Regards

Roy

If you look on the packaging photo on Hornby`s site, it states 43311 and 43314 for the sound pair, i`m waiting to see for sure as i don`t want 2 43312`s!