RailMaster

Robbieb

Hi

I was just wondering if many of you on here use the RailMaster software, I have it but am unsure about it as I don't know that much about it appart from running Locos. Is it as good as a normal controller or would I be better off with a controller?

Also is it possible to up the amps is it what ever the laptop is able for?

Thanks

Robert

Any extra power will NOT come from the laptop !!!

Options:

On the Elite and Select Controllers, there is an alternative, higher rating power supply available, in place of the 1A unit: The Railmaster s/w can be used with the Elite > therefore 4A limit (the Elite providing track power, with the larger power supply)  A Select can be used as an additional Expressnet handset on any Expressnet based system (subject to matching plug)

Alternatively, you may have purchased it with the E-link: which acts as  the Computer Interface/Track Power Amp ... and comes with a 1A Power Supply. = Elite not required

TO ADD MORE POWER TO 'ANY' system, a 'Booster' can be added, whch comes with its own power supply (and often adjustable voltage) allowing any dcc control system tyo be used for any gauge upto G Scale: Hornby offer such a Booster, as do Bachmann (with votlage adjustments) and other manaufacturers.  LDT offer a kit..

Railmaster software will only work with the Hornby elink or Hornby Elite.

The power can be upgraded by using the larger 4 amp power supply.

You can get a free (upgradable) evaluation version of the software with limited functionality by downloading from the Hornby site.

Sorry guys I should have said, its the elink and RailMaster software I have, so the Hornby booster would work for more amps but is the system as good as a lenz or gaugemaster controller, can I do the same with the RailMaster as I could with one of those controllers, so to ask so many questions but I'm just not sure when it comes to controllers and all the technology that comes with them.

Archived