NEW DCC sound COMING SOON!

gooderz

All

I'm proud to illustrate some new DCC sounds from a new player to the DCC sound market.

Jamie Goodman (me) has produced three sound projects utilising a microphone on a boom (many dead arms holding the for 40 mins a go) to record the sound. Took many hours to learn the softward and create the projects.

I have produced a Clayton Project, 1366 Class and a vac only class 08 (D3018). A short video of each has been produced to display some of the features I managed to produce. All sounds are authentic and are the property of Jamie.

Clayton

https://youtu.be/qADv9_jOrdQ

This is the only Clayton sound project that has it on two engines! Its also been modeled to replicate the behavior of the real thing.

Some features included are:

• Different horns in each direction (like the real thing)
  • Brakes release upon deacceleration
  • Brake rub

I used a QSI high bass speaker in the fuel tank and I feel the sound produced is not bad by this speaker. a major upgrade to the standard ESU speaker which cured my problem of the sounds being to quite to start with.

Class 08 (D3018)

https://youtu.be/UbQzx6TjWTY

This is the sounds of D3018, a vac only class 08 and you'll notice it sounds slightly different from a dual braked 08, the lack of a loud compressor being one of them.

Some key features include:

• Vac mode. Exhausters work prototypical and speed up to restore the vac when deaccelerating. 
  • Manual fuel transfer pump operates when stationary randomly
  • Brakes release upon deacceleration

I used a QSI minioval behind the front grill (did some surgery) and also installed a sugar cube in the cab. i think this combo is quite good although its tempting to replace the minioval for another sugar cube.

1366 class pannier

https://youtu.be/YO9ZxknwSos

1366 class has been well captured after a hard job getting all of the sounds for this (mainly due to me firing it most weekends :) ). I look forward to fitting it to a Heljan 1366 when that gets released. 

Some features include:

• Wheelslip
  • Vac mode
  • Three levels of exhaust thrash.
  • Brake application and rub

Currently using the standard ESU speaker laid flat in the cab but have plans to mill out a recess in the bunker weight to slot a sugar cube speaker in.

Within the next 6 months, i plan to have a crack a dual braked Class 08 '08825', class 121 bubble '55023' and a Class 50.

I hope you all enjoy these new sound projects and feedback is welcome. if you'd like to know how to obtain any of these, you can PM me.

Best Regards

Jamie

Edited by gooderz
  • Like 1

All

I'm proud to bring a new range of DCC sound from a new player to the DCC sound market.

Jamie Goodman (me) has produced three sound projects that will be available through the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway association and all proceeds will go to the association to aid revenue.

Hello Jamie, I am one of the Moderators with specific responsibilty for this sub forum.

In order to allow this post perhaps you would explain what you mean by 'proceeds; as your quoted price is very similar to a commercial price for an ESU decoder from an appointed retailer.

In general, adverts in general posts are not allowed. You will note that this forum carries a fair bit of advertising which has all been bought and paid for. These people are entitled to a fair exposure for their products and our members are entitled to know that anybody posting on the forum is not using that posting for free advertising.

The forum in general is for enabling our members to be better educated as to how to achieve the best results in their modelling rather than just telling and selling.

You may care to PM me or freply to this post with the breakdown of your price as a soon as you can.

Thank you

I have had some discussions with Jamie by Messenger and, as a result of this have deleted two of his posts.

For the record, Jamie was both advertising a price and suggesting that a charitable donation was involved but without detailing exactly what that was going to be. This is against forum rules and in breach of any charitable status but I firmly believe that there was no malice involved whatsoever so the original post stands and has been pinned so that Jamie gets the best exposure.

You are required to PM him to obtain further details of his sound projects and whether you want to purchase one and as to whether there is a price involved. You can also quiz him as to which charity is involved and whether you wish to contribute to that or not.

You will also note that comments are also welcome.

• Like 1

As a Driver/ Fireman/ Second man at Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway there's no one better placed to record these locos than Jamie.

It does him great credit that he is looking at ways to raise funds in this way to further the aims of railway preservation which in turn means that we can all continue to have the opportunity to ride this charming line behind some interesting locomotives.

I wish him well.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jamie

I can't wait to hear the 57xx project, if the recordings sound like the way my dad made the loco bark this morning I will have to part with some hard earnt.

Mark.

Hi Mark

The recordings that I took with your dad driving sound top notch. Thats why I like to put a big fire in for him, guaranteed thrash. The loco was heard over 2 miles away on 4 out of the 5 trips! I'll send you a snippet of the recording.

I'll let your dad know when its done, I'll bring it down for you both to play with.

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Having a commercial interest, I have always thought that there should be a sub-forum where brief new product announcements can be made. The print media do this all the time without impacting on their advertisers.

Andrew

Having a commercial interest, I have always thought that there should be a sub-forum where brief new product announcements can be made. The print media do this all the time without impacting on their advertisers.

Andrew

I think this has been mooted before. It is very different having a self posted forum topic to having a professional writer review a product in a magazine that will probably be read from cover to cover. That would be a luxury on a thread so how would you propse attracting viewers to your topic?

• 4 weeks later...

Mark (81b),

Hopefully this is enough thrash for you! Vast majority of this chip is with your old man on the handle.

I put it round High Wycombe model railway club's test track and everyone, including your dad, loved it!

Jamie

• Like 4

I think this has been mooted before. It is very different having a self posted forum topic to having a professional writer review a product in a magazine that will probably be read from cover to cover. That would be a luxury on a thread so how would you propse attracting viewers to your topic?

There's already a small suppliers forum, but self promotion is forbidden.

There's already a small suppliers forum, but self promotion is forbidden.

I suppose this is right considering that the operating costs of this forum are sustained by paid advertising. It is a fine line between encouraging small suppliers who may not want to increase their costs just yet ( or ever, this is a hobby after all ) and allowing what amounts to free advertising.

My own opinion and that is only valid on this forum, is that any mention of price or availability is pure advertising and is deleted. Anything else that could be considered as informative is allowed.

There is no restriction on publishing videos of sound projects but any copyright issues brought to our attention will ( and has ) result in instant deletion.

In your case I can see that announcement of a new, improved version of your product would be newsworthy even with detailed descriptions of what it does that is new but any mention of cost or 'buy here' would not be.

At the same time the products mentioned on this sub forum have to be exclusively related to DCC sound.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a driver, I'm sure you must be aware of the sounds a loco makes when moving off from a standing start. The video below shows what I personally would like to find replicated on a Zimo decoder. The driver starts in full forward gear with the regulator some way up, then he winds back and closes the regulator slightly to run on light steam before yanking open the regulator once more to accelerate up the incline out of Glyndyfrdwy. I reckon three stages of chuff sound should accommodate it plus coasting and rods clank. The loud bark heard is only heard when getting a train of coaches or wagons on the move; a lighter exhaust is what should be heard much of the time. Trouble is most soundfiles keep the loud bark going even at speed hence the machine gun or sawing wood effect.

I think a certain amount of subterfuge is needed when producing the steam sound file so that model locos sound as if they are going off into the distance rather than the operator being on train hanging out of the leading carriage window, if you see what i mean....

Edited by coachmann

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Jamie. I have just watched the video on YouTube of the GWR Hall sounds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoVt1b-p04

I noticed once it speeds up, around 1:40-2:00 that the loco sounds seem to cut for a second and the loco wheels stutter as well. Is this just the video or is the actual decoder like that?

Hi Jamie. I have just watched the video on YouTube of the GWR Hall sounds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoVt1b-p04

I noticed once it speeds up, around 1:40-2:00 that the loco sounds seem to cut for a second and the loco wheels stutter as well. Is this just the video or is the actual decoder like that?

Hi

I can confirm its the rolling road. for some reason, the Hall in particular, hates my rolling roads when it picks up speed. I believe i put it in the subtitles explaining. My pannier also dislikes it them too.

I'd be very worried if the decoder was like that :P

Sadly, i dont have a layout to show off my chips so I have to put up with those wretched rolling roads :(

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I can confirm its the rolling road. for some reason, the Hall in particular, hates my rolling roads when it picks up speed. I believe i put it in the subtitles explaining. My pannier also dislikes it them too.

I'd be very worried if the decoder was like that :P

Sadly, i dont have a layout to show off my chips so I have to put up with those wretched rolling roads :(

That is indeed good news!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...