NEW DCC sound COMING SOON!

gooderz

Hi Rob

Thanks for the kind words.

Both a 31 and 47 are on the cards over the next 12 months along with a new class 50. 

Jamie

Credit given where it's due Jamie, your obviously doing a lot of work and your getting good results for it, your vac brake 08 is on my shopping list for when the Dapol 08 comes out and I'll look forward to hearing your 31 and 47, keep up the good work.

Rob

Credit given where it's due Jamie, your obviously doing a lot of work and your getting good results for it, your vac brake 08 is on my shopping list for when the Dapol 08 comes out and I'll look forward to hearing your 31 and 47, keep up the good work.

Rob

Hi Rob

I've just about polished off and completely revamped dual braked 08 with completey new recordings  that is far duperior to both of my previous 08 projects as its got the following:

• Crisper, deeper engine sounds all other sounds are also crisper 
  • more functions including drivehold function and working exhuasters
  • independent traction motor sounds that are speed dependant as opposed to throttle position

Working on a new vac only 08 sound project over xmas to match the dual braked 08 version.

Jamie

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rob

I've just about polished off and completely revamped dual braked 08 with completey new recordings that is far duperior to both of my previous 08 projects as its got the following:

• independent traction motor sounds that are speed dependant as opposed to throttle position
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYT4rB9X_mg

Working on a new vac only 08 sound project over xmas to match the dual braked 08 version.

Jamie

Excellent sound on that 08 and the western soubds geeat too. Got a class 13 needing sound i think ill be checking out the vac only one when its out.

Keep up the great work

James

• Like 1

I bought one of the class 37 sound units and I'm really pleased with it ! First sound unit I have ever bought and I think I would be disappointed with anything else ! Had to remove the sound chamber from the speak to get it into my Vitrains 37, but, looking to get another with sugar cube speaker for that so I can remove the existing one and refit into the Hornby 37.

Western one on the cards for my Dapol cl52, and a couple of Kings and an 08 also now in need !

Oh for a cl29 sound unit !   :beee:

I can see this sound lark is gonna cost me a small fortune !  :O  :O  :O

Edited by andi4x4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the Class 52 sound chip from the Chinnor shop on that Well Known Auction Site - says delivery on or before 23rd Dec - 

Hope it's early - I go away for a week early on the 24th so won't get chance to play again till the New Year   :cry:

It'll get here when it gets here !

" I wish me a Merry Xmas, I wish me a Merry Xmas........." 

Lol !

• Like 2

Hi Rob

I've just about polished off and completely revamped dual braked 08 with completey new recordings  that is far duperior to both of my previous 08 projects as its got the following:

Jamie

I've got this installed in 08517 on Pendeford yard and it's a cracking set of sounds Jamie, well done mate,

• 2 weeks later...

More Steam from me - a GWR Manor

Sounds to me like it would be useful in a 14xx 0-4-2T............ It reminds me of the Titfield Thunderbolt. I presume it is on Loksound and the louder exhaust is triggered by an F-key?

Edited by coachmann

Sounds to me like it would be useful in a 14xx 0-4-2T............ It reminds me of the Titfield Thunderbolt. I presume it is on Loksound and the louder exhaust is triggered by an F-key?

Yh its on Loksound. Louder exhaust is triggered by how you drive it. drive it harshly or accelerate a fair bit and you'll get the thrash/louder exhaust.

What's happened to the characteristic GWR piston valve phut-phut when the regulator isn't open?

The snifting valve is in there as bescotbeast says. During the coasting, the snifting valve phut-phut, vac pump and rod clank are all there and can be heard when coasting. Same as my Hall project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice job but what's the clicking noise????

The clicking noise is the crosshead driven vacuum pump - a feature which all GWR locos have when running.

Since GWR locos only have a large ejector, the vac pump, in theory, maintains the vacuum to 25 Hg without the ejector being used when in motion.

https://youtu.be/QzTnQWWSQc0?t=4m19s

Edited by gooderz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Black 5 project thats just been completed. no working on a very worn version.

https://youtu.be/qYeN8bL1C2M

Assuming all of your recordings are of locos running at low speed on a preserved railway. How do you adapt the sounds for high speed express running, without making it sound like a machine gun?

Assuming all of your recordings are of locos running at low speed on a preserved railway. How do you adapt the sounds for high speed express running, without making it sound like a machine gun?

All recordings are from locos on preserved railways.careful sound editing in simple terms. it takes me hours to get it, what i think, is right to avoid the typical machine gun sound you get from some steam sound chips. this is also a small element of programming the chip too

• 1 month later...

Just completed a 9F...Spent quite a while on this one to get it right.

Hope folk enjoy it

Next projects i'll be working on over the next 6 months will be a 64xx, Ivatt 2mt, 8F, Class 20, Class 50, Class 45 and a Class 31. looks like i'll be a busy chap for a while!

• Like 3

Just completed a 9F...Spent quite a while on this one to get it right. Hope folk enjoy it

Next projects i'll be working on over the next 6 months will be a 64xx, Ivatt 2mt, 8F, Class 20, Class 50, Class 45 and a Class 31. looks like i'll be a busy chap for a while!

I first listened to some video of real locos then switched to your 9F DCC sound, and I think it sounds pretty damn good (as does your Black Five). That whistle would make this decoder alright for the Bachmann Stanier 2-6-0, as it sounds about right going off the video I took of  the preserved 5MT 2-6-0 on the North Wales coast while the Black Five sound with hooter would suit the few Stanier 2-6-0's that got this in place of a whistle. 

Edited by coachmann