NEW DCC sound COMING SOON!

gooderz

I really like your class 50 project. A couple of questions,

What speaker was in the original version - post 78? Was it easy to install?

How difficult was it to install the EM2 speaker?

I used on my 50, a bass reflex speaker fitted under the fan and a sugar cube wired in parallel underneath the small roof grill the other end.

Hardest part was butchering the fan  mechanism housing so the fan would remain insitu with the mechanism removed and speaker in its place. would probably say its more time consuming than difficult to fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The last one in 2017 from me.

I have totally revamped my vac only Class 08. Fresh recordings taken from D3018. Characteristics are very different from my Dual braked 08 - recorded from 08825 (with me driving ;) ). D3018 is a very rattly 08 and thus, my sound project reflects that.

Similar to my dual braked 08, this has speed dependant traction motors along with a failed start, cold start and warm start up procedures.

• Like 1

I have totally revamped my vac only Class 08. Fresh recordings taken from D3018. Characteristics are very different from my Dual braked 08 - recorded from 08825 (with me driving ;) ). D3018 is a very rattly 08 and thus, my sound project reflects that.

Similar to my dual braked 08, this has speed dependant traction motors along with a failed start, cold start and warm start up procedures.

Great sounds Jamie !

• 1 month later...

Hi Jamie do you have a function list for the class 50 project please and it sound amazing iv'e fitted it with a foster 20x40 in a 3d printed chamber and the base speaker you sent i took out the fan unit from the 50  .

I will film it and post it .

Thanks 

Andi

Edited by vulcan product fan

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jamie - nothing listed on the CandPR Ebay shop at the moment - are chips and projects still available for purchase?

Hi Jamie - nothing listed on the CandPR Ebay shop at the moment - are chips and projects still available for purchase?

Not via Ebay at the minute as the volunteer who manages the Ebay account has gone on a 4 week cruise.

Should be back on sale within the next week or so

LMS 8F has just been completed. 

It has been totally redone since the first version with much better recordings and much more enhanced set up.

Next in line is a 45xx prairie tank

Well done Jamie. Sounds very good and the chuff rate keeps adequately in sequence with the wheels. Should suit other Stanier locos as well for those who use Loksound. I look forward to hearing your Small Prairie.

Edited by coachmann

• 3 weeks later...

It has been totally redone since the first version with much better recordings and much more enhanced set up.

How do I go about buying this? its not listed yet on the website or facebook page. 

Thanks  Mike

Very nice but one thing Whats it like going forwards!

Very nice but one thing Whats it like going forwards!

Just the same as it is backwards

How do I go about buying this? its not listed yet on the website or facebook page. 

Thanks  Mike

If you go on the railway's ebay page and sent a question, it'll prompt the volunteer who manages it will relist it.

I need to update the website - one of many things on the to do list unfortunately

Just the same as it is backwards

If you go on the railway's ebay page and sent a question, it'll prompt the volunteer who manages it will relist it.

I need to update the website - one of many things on the to do list unfortunately

Thanks. I have sent a question on ebay   Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd release a WIP video of my Unrebuilt Bullied light pacific I'm quietly chipping away at. Was lucky enough to record a West Country being worked very hard.

Excuse the wheel sets not being coupled together, half way through replacing them and lost a screw and washer in the process

As said, its WIP and not finalised.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Class 33 has been completed and kindly filmed by Richard Croft.

45xx prairie is nearly complete - need further recordings of its vac pump to finish it off.

I've slowed down a little this year due to a lot of things happening at Chinnor but hoping to be able to churn some more projects out by the end of the year inc a new Class 17, 37, Heritage DMU, Std 4 as a minimum.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...