Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2015

Barry O

one of the longest layouts there this year

And taking up a much smaller space will be Drewry Lane. Took me while to find where we were on the plan. Hope to find enough time to have a good look round as there's much I'd like to see.

Stu

post-82-0-85600900-1445426443.jpg

I'm working on a ground to ground noise-seeking missile....

....and a stealth rail-to-rail short circuiting device.

Seriously though, PLEASE CONSIDER THOSE OCCUPYING STANDS NEARBY WHO DON'T WANT TO BE DRIVEN UP THE WALL BY THE REPETITIVE ARTIFICIAL SOUNDS AND WHO DO NOT WANT TO DEVELOP HEADACHES OR HEARING DAMAGE!

And another sound equiped layout attending (banished in the US outline ghetto :mosking: )

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/50225-more-from-galatia-ks/

On the point regarding annoying sound certainly myself and 'roundhouse' both adjust our sound levels down so that you have to be in front of the layout to hear anything and to be honest in a barn of a building like the NEC most of it will be lost to background chatter etc.

Dan

• RMweb Gold

I'm working on a ground to ground noise-seeking missile....

....and a stealth rail-to-rail short circuiting device.

Seriously though, PLEASE CONSIDER THOSE OCCUPYING STANDS NEARBY WHO DON'T WANT TO BE DRIVEN UP THE WALL BY THE REPETITIVE ARTIFICIAL SOUNDS AND WHO DO NOT WANT TO DEVELOP HEADACHES OR HEARING DAMAGE!

I do agree with you as even a very noisy sound layout next to another sound layout can swamp their sound. Certainly dont recall too much noise out of RS Tower or at least one other layout I know.

Our sound system is under board with a sub woofer but we can control the whole system with one knob to suit the ambient noise, so if its quiet, we turn it right down (so the rail to rail short circuit device wont work with us - sorry!). The bell volumes are set even lower as these are the killer sounds.

• RMweb Premium

There's no need to shout........

Cheers,

Mick

:jester:

We will have a wall of Marshall amps surrounding O'Connell Street to provide the gentle DC motor tram noises and street ambience sounds. Also we shall open and close each day with a Jimi Hendrix style solo rendition of 'God Save The Queen'

Naturally these amps will be turned up to 11

• RMweb Premium

Amps turned up to 11 eh? Just the thing you need in order to make an impression when you've already got everything louder than everything else. Of course, you'll need 110% concentration while you play.

Much that I'd love to hear a Hendrix rendition of the anthem didn't Brian May do it on the roof of Buck House at the Golden Jubilee concert.

Jamie

Amps turned up to 11 eh? Just the thing you need in order to make an impression when you've already got everything louder than everything else. Of course, you'll need 110% concentration while you play.

Only works if its plugged in Graeme!

I will be their both days. I take it that the normal 1 O'clock meet up ate the weather spoon is on.

Richard

I should like to think so, and that those attending will be much less lonely than last year (3 of us on Sunday)!

Chris

• RMweb Premium

I'll be there with Dave as a demo stand with a couple of boards of Green Ayre talking about how to turn a  prototype into a layout and the various challenges and compromises that have to be made, especially if you decide to make it portable to take to exhibitions.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

I should be ok, will be removing both hearing aids, before the entrance gates on the Saturday.

The other option is to fit ear plugs.......

And that reminds me, nose plugs as well to avoid the great unwashed.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

The other option is to fit ear plugs.......

And that reminds me, nose plugs as well to avoid the great unwashed.

Cheers,

Mick

Don't forget the padding to avoid errant rucksacks !  I'll be on the test tracks with the MRC and my yellow HST will be around as well !

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Don't forget the padding to avoid errant rucksacks !  I'll be on the test tracks with the MRC and my yellow HST will be around as well !

Chris

I will have to wander over......

Cheers,

Mick

Archived