Jonny's "where are these?" photo album

jonny777

• 3 weeks later...

This negative is something of a mystery. I think it may be in the Sheffield area, purely because the two identifiable locos are D3159 and D2407 which were both cut up at CF Booths Rotherham. 

It may even be in their reception sidings, circa 1967. 

2020-10-21-0006.jpg.bc445d2756740b63527fae1e2932fbb9.jpg

Only looking at this on my phone but D3159 looks like it could have new wheelsets and rods, whereas D2407 has the rods off. So is it possibly a works yard? The B1 in the background looks rather forlorn as well, either withdrawn or waiting works?

More questions than answers I'm afraid but another avenue to explore?

Thanks for your thoughts. The loco which is next to D2407 has a barely readable number, but it looks like D2510 which was also cut up at Booths. 

However, it was a Rugby loco before withdrawal and confuses the issue even further. 

• RMweb Premium

And D2407 wasn't a Lincoln loco after 1963, last allocation I believe was Barrow Hill, not that this helps much in narrowing down the location, sorry.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, pH said:

And the second one is ‘1’!

I actually think the last is a 2 or it looks like it on my screen so 61XX2, still alot to choose from.

It's not named (unless it's been removed) so we can rule out some of the early ones such as Impala etc

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I'd have a WAFG at that being Doncaster shed.

Mike.

Odd to remark but a similar thought crossed my mind.  I am fairly sure that it is a shed yard 'somewhere' and the presence of the B1 (which looks to be in traffic as it shows no obvious signs of being stored) plus mention of ER allocations for the shunters as well as the nature of the ground definitely leads me to the conclusion that it is a running shed 'somewhere'.   A potential giveaway for Carr loco is all those telegraph wires although that could no doubt be said of plenty of other places, including Lincoln.

Edited by The Stationmaster