Caistor Model Railway Exhibition

LNERandBR

At Caistor Town Hall, Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September. 10am to 5 pm on the Saturday and 10am to 4:30pm on the Sunday.

I'll be there with Nearly Done, an N gauge layout owned by a friend of mine.

I'm reliably informed that Clee Valley Railway will also be there which is O9.

I don't know what other layouts are booked but I know it's always a great local show.

I shall be 'First Mate' to Steve from Mablethorpe who is bringing Drinkallby, his '00' layout based on east Lincolnshire.

Look forward to chatting to Peter and Ken on Clee Valley...again !!

Steve from Mablethorpe who is bringing Drinkallby,

Is he now? Good. Why nobody from the host club has organised any better publicity on here I really don't know. Same lack of info every year. You'd almost believe it was stealth exercise! A list of layouts would be a start...

Clee Valley now in the car.  Time to have a cup of tea before setting off to Caistor.  On my own tonight so if anybody can lend me a hand it would be appreciated.

Peter

And I'm just drinking tea and eating an apple before setting off. Got to give John White a fair chance to do all of the heavy lifting of the layout before I arrive. :jester:

I thought of going to this show but next to no information about what layouts or traders are there has put me off. Even www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/exhibitions has no information. No good for attracting the punters.

This years show will be the last in it's current location. It's moving to Market Rasen next year mainly due to the problems with Parking on the Saturday. There's plenty of parking on the Sunday as the Market Place is available. 

It's defiantly well worth a visit. There's about 13 layouts (If I haven't missed one out) in various scales and gauges.

There's a good range of traders too including Model Singal Engineering, Book Law and Layouts 4u.

Paid my annual visit to Caistor for another excellent local show.

About a dozen layouts and a good selection of trade, including Caistor Loco, perhaps one of the best model shops in the country.

Sorry to hear it'll be moving to Market Rasen next year, as well as the show always having a very friendly atmosphere, the Town Hall was one of the more characterful venues in the country but the exhibits and traders were quite literally bursting out of the hall so it looks like the show has outgrown the venue.

Yes, thanks to Pete and the Team for a great show !

Lunch for the exhibitors was freshly prepared and very tasty.

All good wishes for next year at Market Rasen from Steve (Drinkallby) and Bob.

Good show Chaps!

A belated 'thank you' to the Caistor Team for what I found to be a highly enjoyable couple of hours on Sunday afternoon - just what I needed.  The show always has a nice 'feel' to it: friendly, relaxed, with a good balance between trade and models.  I shall look forward to the next one, irrespective of the venue.

Best wishes,

Paul

Archived