Class 37 Locomotive Group Book "Syphon Salute"

martinC37LG

Thanks for all the thumbs up everybody, really glad it is being so well received.

As for a Volume 2........This is the perfect accolade, but I am not sure my C37LG colleagues have enough un-greyed hairs to embark on this just yet! Hopefully one day.

Thanks again, and if anyone still needs a copy, we have a few boxes left.

They can be ordered via www.c37lg.co.uk/shop_item.aspx?category=books&item=669

Happy Christmas and New Year to you all!

Martin

C37LG Chairman. Owners of 37003

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Time for a gratuitous bump of our book, as we are now pretty much sold out. As our ground based fundraising on the Diesel gala circuit comes to a close, we are turning our attention to our online sales once more. It would be really great to get a sell out in time for Christmas, so if you haven't got a copy of our book "Syphon Salute" yet and would like one.

It can be ordered via our website www.c37lg.co.uk/shop_item.aspx?category=books&item=669

Many thanks as always for your support of our group. 100% of our profits go straight into our restoration fund. We will be making an exciting announcement about 37003 later this year, and it has only been possible through all the support you have given us via our fundraising activities.

Martin

C37LG Chairman. Owners of 37003

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In the run up to Christmas, we have reduced the price of our book "Syphon Salute" to £15, which includes P&P

It is available from our website (along with 101 other "essential" items for the discerning rail enthusiast!)

www.c37lg.co.uk/shop_item.aspx?category=books&item=669

This  book has been a superb fundraiser for us, and 37003 will start to feel the benefits of this money next year as her beautification begins in anticipation of the 60th Anniversary of the Class 37s in 2020. The problem is we now need space in the garage for next years sales project, so the last few boxes must go. Grab yourselves a bargain and a fantastic few hours reading!

Many thanks as always for your support of the C37LG and 37003.

Martin

• 4 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 26/11/2015 at 18:09, martinC37LG said:

Yes what he said! Thanks Kevin you beat me to it.

We are now advertising again with confidence, so if anyone would like to purchase a copy of our book please visit http://c37lg.co.uk/shop_item.aspx?category=books&item=669

All proceeds go straight into the restoration pot for our loco 37003, and having just written a cheque for £2500 for a set of piston rings and main bearings we need it!

Why oh why did I get involved with a 12 cylinder loco, 8 would have been so much cheaper! But not as much fun :yes: 

Blimey, £2500 for a set of rings! And I thought £60 for a "quality" head gasket for an A series was steep!