York Model Railway Show - Easter 2016

peterl

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Rapido and Revolution will be sharing a stand. Come and say hello.

We will have the running sample of the N Gauge Pendolino on display, plus news of a new model, and we'll also show anyone interested the latest work on the upcoming Class 320/321 EMUs in N.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Update reminder regarding the bus link options to/from York Railway Station this year.

The options are Service 197 Saturday (Similar to last year) or the public service route 11 (Sun & Mon). The latter a much reduced service with a less convenient return route. Full details of the changes now on-line at http://www.yorkshow.org.uk/howget.htm#linkbus

Regrettably, as mentioned in the earlier posts, this change is outside our direct control as the Racecourse events bus link is run independently as a commercial operation by TRANSDEV

We look froward to seeing you all at the Show this coming weekend.

Less than a week now until the York show!

See you next Saturday morning!

Seek me out Martin, I'll be behind or underneath Tappa's layout "Margery Street. Our meeting will be to your advantage. :sungum:

I'm looking forward to the weekend. :declare:

• RMweb Gold

Lost property reports

During the build up period from approx 11am Thursday, and onward over the Show weekend, my spare/back-up mobile will be on for contact, reporting lost property etc. No =  07866 526639 

As the number above is a pay as you go it will be incoming only - ALL return calls/texts will be from other numbers.

Also please text rather than leave an answering machine message, much easier for us to deal with on the Show Information stand.

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully the last few tweaks to Show website for this year made tonight. In checking the travel info' some links to pages on the York City Council website were found to be broken due to changes made by YCC. I think I have now found and fixed all relevant entries.

Build up for us starts tomorrow, hope to see you all at the Show.  Doors open to public 10am Saturday.

Seems to be some unnecessary doubt on the travel web page, Transdevs service 11 timetable clearly shows the return workings as continuing the railway station. Transdev also offer a Day ticket valid on all their Yorkshire and Lancashire services including those to Manchester - £9 "Daytripper", but £15 "Daytripper Plus" for use east of York. May make a cheaper option for some visitors.

http://yorkbus.co.uk/fares/Coastliner/DayTripperticket_112.html

• RMweb Gold

Seems to be some unnecessary doubt on the travel web page, Transdevs service 11 timetable clearly shows the return workings as continuing the railway station. Transdev also offer a Day ticket valid on all their Yorkshire and Lancashire services including those to Manchester - £9 "Daytripper", but £15 "Daytripper Plus" for use east of York. May make a cheaper option for some visitors.

http://yorkbus.co.uk/fares/Coastliner/DayTripperticket_112.html

Thanks for update.  For the web I posted the best information we had available about service 11 and tickets.  Will update website as soon as I can with your quote and will try to find out more definitive info.

• RMweb Gold

Further late change to trader line up. As previously announced Taunton Controls not attending. They have been replaced by Sutton's Locomotive Workshop. Sutton's are launching their latest model at the show. They will now be on Stand 103 (ex Taunton) to give more space for their interactive DCC demo and display stand.

Craster all set up and tested, ready for the hordes this weekend.

Come along and see us on stand 107 up on the top floor for some 7mm BR(NE) Steam & Diesel action.

Now off to find a nice pub that sells 'Titanic Brewery - Plum Porter', I've been told it's very nice!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Chris

"Margery Street" is all set up and ready for the fray. Cannot wait for tomorrow, I'm like a coiled spring. Do swing by and make contact, Tappa and I are at the northern (right hand) end of the mezzanine floor. If you are able to stand with your back to Charlie Petty, look up the stairs and to the right. 

• RMweb Premium

Clevedon is up and ready to go. Managed to get to the NRM to see some big green engine before adjourning to the Hole in the Wall.

Come and say hello if you're at the show. We're up on the top floor. Just listen for a zummerset accent.

I'm planning on coming down on Sunday. I must admit, the crappy bus service puts me off a bit. If it's hourly at xx33 I'll most likely just miss it when I get off the train from Edinburgh guess the only other option is a taxi. Seems pretty short sighted of the bus company to cut the service like this, every time I've got the bus, it's always been full.

• RMweb Premium

Just a thought, if anyone else is getting g the first train of the day down (0900 from Edinburgh, due into York at 1132) or catching it on the way, let me know if you want to share a taxi from the station?

It's only about a 25 minute walk

Archived