Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Just posting so that this thread appears on my activity.

Actually I've noticed just now that threads one had posted on pre-upgrade are now appearing in one's activity, without one having to go round posting a post-upgrade inconsequential comment, as I had been doing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

image.jpeg.f55f140938e53d285f798f2f29c21def.jpeg

Heres one of the new to be released items, lost wax brass safety valve cover, valves and whistle for the Hornby W4 Peckett from RT Models.

I'm well chuffed I have got the shrinkage rate spot on, however these will not be for sale until the end of next week as the spring balance valves and whistle are on another mould and are to be sent into me.

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 22/03/2019 at 21:09, RThompson said:

image.jpeg.f55f140938e53d285f798f2f29c21def.jpeg

That's very nice, think they'll be on an upcoming order for me! I see you've changed the buffers but what else has been done? It's really got a character of is own this one, I really like it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's had (from RTModels) a MW smokebox door fitted with a ring of rivets added myself, also the chimney has been partly modified with the top half of a MW chimney to represent Kent cement works "Hilda" no633.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nice one Peter, just the job. Just need a plank over the doorway; it stops the fireman from losing coal over the side. You're lucky, My original Peckett is still stowed away in its box!

Happy modelling,

Ian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Nice one Peter, just the job. Just need a plank over the doorway; it stops the fireman from losing coal over the side. You're lucky, My original Peckett is still stowed away in its box!

Happy modelling,

Ian.

There is a photo showing just that, I was tempted, but the open door does show some of the exquisite Hornby cab detail!

Cheers,

PC

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 45568 said:

There is a photo showing just that, I was tempted, but the open door does show some of the exquisite Hornby cab detail!

Cheers,

PC

Some of the locos had the cab backplate missing. It's not to every ones liking, but Andy York of this parish did  just that, and I thought that it was a neat little mod.

Ian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

So all of them have the open back cabs then as Bear does.

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/peckett-sons-works-no-614-the-bear-0-4-0st/

Jason

Erm... Not sure. Some would, some wouldn't. Some would have a canvas back, some in wood or steel. It can depend entirely on the nature of the owner, and what type of work it was set to. I'd suggest that a photo of your intended model is the best starting point for things like this.

Ian

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Erm... Not sure. Some would, some wouldn't. Some would have a canvas back, some in wood or steel. It can depend entirely on the nature of the owner, and what type of work it was set to. I'd suggest that a photo of your intended model is the best starting point for things like this.

Ian

I mean the three that Hornby announced in the last announcement.

Daphne, Lady Edith and Bear.

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Jason

Hi all,

I was already searching when this topic woke up!

Bear

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/peckett-sons-works-no-614-the-bear-0-4-0st/

Daphne

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/peckett-sons-works-no-737-daphne-0-4-0st/

Not found any photos of Lady Edith at all.

Thanks

Phil H

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Jason

Oh dear, I haven't seen them yet. I need to catch up......

• RMweb Gold

Having had a lot of thunking (yes, thunking; past tense, see...?) I've decided to miss out on the W4 models.  I'm a bit more interested in seeing the 6-wheel model. Of course, I could change my mind.....

Happy weekend, everybody.

Ian.

• Like 2

Lots of Industrials had removable cab backs so in the summer the crews would not be boiled. I have lots of photos of Lilleshall No 10 both with a cab back and without. I have noticed this on other Industrials.

David

• Informative/Useful 2