Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

On 12/01/2020 at 20:27, Hippo said:

According to Hornbys website 

R3640 -  Willans and Robinson No. 882/1902    Due Summer 2020, announced October 2017 

R3679 - Port of London Authority, No. 74    Due Summer 2020, announced May 2018

R3680 -  Charity Colliery, 'Forest No. 1'    Due Winter 2019-2020, announced May 2018

R3761 - Earl of Dudley's Round Oak Works (Open Back Cab), 'Lady Edith'    Due Winter 2019-2020, announced Jan 2019

R3702 - Tytherington Stone Co, 'Daphne'   Due Winter 2019-2020, announced Jan 2019

R3703 - S&KLR, (Open Back Cab), 'Bear'    Due Winter 2019-2020, announced Jan 2019

Perhaps the 4 that aren't in the catalogue are expected shortly so they left them out ?

Thanks

Can but hope, but I would have thought they would have carried them over to the new catalogue :unsure:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has turned up today, and I'm not particularly happy with it.   The lining on the side of the cab is damaged with about 5 mm seemingly scraped off. (Not taken it out the box yet.) Ok, I can send this back for a replacement. but more disappointing for me personally is that all the lining is in a yellow/cream. when all of Hornby's images on their website show it to be white. I don't know what the PLA livery was, but mine isn't destined for the PLA.

Regards,

Neil

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Popped into Lord and Butler today and the PLA locos had just arrived......and bought one I did. 

I have to say I'm very impressed. Nice runner and lovely livery. Looking forward to weathering it in due course. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1722 said:

Wish I'd not cancelled my preorder. 

Might have to reorder. 

Looks excellent. 

Thought about it for... Oh, a nanosecond. Now ordered with Derails. Going to move on an 009 loco to replace it with though. 

Can't wait. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, sb67 said:

That looks fantastic Callum. Seems sacrilege to suggest it but will you weather it?  

Na, s not really want to weather this one. Might paint the running plate black though

11 hours ago, Caledonian said:

And very nice too. Do tell how it was done 

Quite simple really. Just HMRS Transfers on the side tanks. 

IMG_20200209_125907.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/02/2020 at 08:00, SDJR7F88 said:

Na, s not really want to weather this one. Might paint the running plate black though

Quite simple really. Just HMRS Transfers on the side tanks. 

IMG_20200209_125907.jpg

Just perfect, I have been considering getting one and doing something similar myself.

How well do you think the colour compares to the sdjr blue? It might be my screen, but it looks a touch on the green side to me?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, adb968008 said:

got to admit seeing that I could be up for doing that one myself.

heres another Peckett in SDJR colours..

http://cgibin.wsr.org.uk/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?h=Snapshot&p=2013/ssg/160313_5_gle

7 hours ago, JIJ said:

Just perfect, I have been considering getting one and doing something similar myself.

How well do you think the colour compares to the sdjr blue? It might be my screen, but it looks a touch on the green side to me?

Many thanks guys. To my eyes in the flesh it's doesn't seem to far off, looking at pictures and having seen Kilmersdon

• Like 1