Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

• 1 month later...

Something a little different, but using the Hornby Peckett chassis with only the slightest of modifications. One other mod I did to all of my Pecketts (I have three others from the earliest run) is to use a better decoder than the Hornby 4-pin one recommended. I have used TCS M1 decoders in all four chassis, although the mini decoders from the likes of ESU would probably be better still, but I utilise the 4-pin blanking connector to fit the decoders. Unfortunately for this latest installation, the body doesn't allow room for the decoder at the front of the chassis (where my photo shows it), so I had to move it around to the side, where it is a very tight fit and causes a  very slight bulge in the sides of the tanks.

Anyway, introducing my new Manning Wardle H 0-4-0ST, using a Hardy's Hobbies 3D printed body on the Hornby W4 chassis. This is a work in progress but is very nearly finished now, needing a whistle and some final painting and some name and number plates for my fictitious industrial fleet.

IMG20220315181102.jpg.26c397284e189378fa61907b7ac03b22.jpg

IMG20220318100456.jpg.d8651bda975963c64e44c05f73a4d4df.jpg

IMG20220318140641.jpg.08948a9d900263cccdefa9a681b46657.jpg

IMG20220320235730.jpg.2cbdef91f157809ff25da70096e6abff.jpg

• Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hornby should have made up their mind what stage in the life of "Bear" they were supposed to be representing. They've given it Barclay safety valves but none of the other features that it gained at rebuild. It ought to have thinner (steel) buffer beams, with Barclay buffers and a single slide bar for each cylinder.

I don't know if it's poor research or someone higher up the chain of command who just wants to put out pretty liveries to sell more units, regardless of accuracy. "Detail, detail, detail", My backside!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

My name is Rob and I also have 7 W4s............

I'll see your 7 and raise you 5. I have some that aren't weathered/in one piece/finished and so aren't worthy of being in the photo. 😬

Pecketts? I don't know what all the fuss is about. I can handle it.

OK, so I bought some Pecketts. I could stop. If I wanted to.

There's no way I'm an addict. I just like Pecketts.

Look, I've got this thing under control. I just need one more W4.

I could give up tomorrow. Couldn't I?

Everyone thinks they can control their Peckett collection - until it starts to control them.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

I must be ill. I only have two Pecketts (an 0-4-0ST and an 0-6-0ST)

However, I and my small shunting fleet seem to have caught a Dock Authority livery virus...

• Like 1