Chris Tarrant Extreme Railways

darren01

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I thought that the most recent episode (Turkey) was excellent. Whatever you might think of Chris Tarrant (I understand that he is not universally popular) he seems to be a genuine enthusiast whose programmes actually contain quite a lot about railways.  Michael Portillo's programmes, on the other hand, now seem to contain very lttle about railways and I find their present format somewhat tedious (although I did think that recent Australia series was a bit better than most).

DT

Edited by Torper
  • Agree 1

I agree, though the clue is in the titles. Portillo's are "journeys" and so have much (most) from outside the Railway environment, whilst Tarrant's are actually about the Railways so concentrate more on them... I'm happy with both, that recent Australian one covered all three NG lines that I wanted it to very well!

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

As of December 2nd 2020:

Series 1 has just started to be shown on the "Yesterday" channel on Monday evenings, and series 6 is on Channel 5 on Thursdays at 8pm (in the UK). 

The Congo Atlantic Ocean Railway (s1 ep1) was definitely extreme in 2012! Don't know what's happened since! 

Edited by flockandroll
To add missing episode number
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, flockandroll said:

As of December 2nd 2020:

Series 1 has just started to be shown on the "Yesterday" channel on Monday evenings, and series 6 is on Channel 5 on Thursdays at 8pm (in the UK). 

The Congo Atlantic Ocean Railway (s1 ep1) was definitely extreme in 2012! Don't know what's happened since! 

The Thur Dec 3 program is actually the 5th of series 5 which has not been broadcast; if C5 had kept to its weekly schedule it should have been shown on Dec 23 last year.