I am in the very early days of creating a layout based on the Met based in two areas/settlements that didn't/don't actually exist (a country village/small town and a London suburb). It will no doubt upset the puritans/rivet counters but it makes some pretty big assumptions (not least that that the Met stayed independent/profitable into the 1930s and beyond!). It will be filled with subtle private jokes/references and nods to my loved ones. I have tons of ideas but working full time means it will take a while to get going.

I currently have the Bachmanp Midnight Metropolitan set, four Hornby Pullmans to be repainted, given new interiors and a few buildings. I am planning on getting one of those beautiful Heljan Metropolitan BoBos for my birthday present to myself next March.

Good Lord!

If the Met had carried-on, there wouldn't be a single acre left in Buckinghamshire that isn't covered in semi-detached houses.

It is well known that it was a land-development company that ran a railway as a subsidiary to its main business.

;-)

Kevin

True, very true.

Any railway that stabled a Pullman car in a field in the middle of rural nowhere (a.k.a Verney Junction) every night, owned the Brill Tramway, and operated Baker Street, all at once, is deserving of interest.

How long did its independent existence last in your UA?

K

Archived