Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

51 minutes ago, JDW said:

Another livery to have a go at - and in my opinion the worst yet to be carried by the class! OK, it stands out for being bright, but it's hardly on a par with the original National Power sceme, or the neat and purposeful Yeoman and ARC liveries. 

http://www.hondawanderer.com/59206_Hungerford_Common_2020.htm

I like it to be honest! When I first saw the livery on a 66 I thought nah but it has really grown on me.

I'd be happy with one of these.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I like it to be honest! When I first saw the livery on a 66 I thought nah but it has really grown on me.

I'd be happy with one of these.

No it reminds me too much of those dodgy “you know when you’ve been tangoed” ads from the 1990’s.., when I see the livery the impact is much the same..

the second ad is even at a train station with some guy in a G&W outfit !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Looking forward to the ARC livery as it was something special when we visited whilst on holiday.

whatley_02.png.59001a993a44fb209905bfa53e7547ee.png

Also just ordered some British steel hoppers from Accurascale and one did go on trial in South Wales for a bit,

plus I will probably order some of the Arc & Yeoman wagons eventually.

42 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Are we there yet? .... !!

Must be getting close?

Does anyone have any very-recent updated information wrt anticipated deliveries?

Al.

Last update on the digest on the 1st of April was they were finalising production with the factory as the factory was getting back to opening again. But on the JHA wagon side they said the wagons were going to be produced after the turbot wagons to coincide with the 59. So either way still looks to be a while longer as no production samples have been seen since the last batch of decorated samples at warley in 2018.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Marcoblanco said:

Anybody scene the first orange 59.. Thumbs up or down? I hope they don't touch the rest!! 

Yes and love how it looks. Can’t wait to get my Dapol DB 59206 and straight away repaint it into its latest colours.

1 hour ago, Marcoblanco said:

Anybody scene the first orange 59.. Thumbs up or down? I hope they don't touch the rest!! 

Thumbs down. Looks like it was designed by someone who failed their GCSE Art and Design (or whatever the US equivalent is). 

Horrible colours and horribly applied.

Give me Yeoman or ARC any day. Even DB and Hanson looked pretty good compared to this.

Guy

Edited by lyneux
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, Marcoblanco said:

Yeah for me the front end needs the yellow breaking up a bit. I think if the window surrounds/seels were painted black it would help it somewhat.

i don't mind the rest of it!

Apologies for the livery froth lol

• Agree 1

This loco looks 1st class and may even surpass the quality of the Hattons 66.

Hopefully it won't be plaqued by minor niggles as per the above model.

I'm usually only interested in kettles and late 50s/early 60s diesels, but this is one model I will purchase.

Stunning liveries and detail !

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Agree 2

I like the orange m it’s bold. I think an unbranded DB one won’t shift personally.

But there’s only one decent livery for these .......EWS...!

i seem to inhabit the twilight zone of modelling !

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

7 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I like the orange m it’s bold. I think an unbranded DB one won’t shift personally.

EWS has to be one of the best liveries!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Weird I aren't keen on EWS. Not the styling but the colouring isn't bright enough for me

IMHO, and I respect others, the new Freightliner livery is frightful, or gopping.

NP, EWS, ARC, Yeoman,  GBRf, even DB (S) (C) whatever they're called today work for me.   I'd be interested to see what a 59 looks like in 3TG Sector livery too.

The Genesee & Wyoming 59 appears on A09 at Twyford

Yes I got it few weeks back, I kind of like it, but the front looks odd without the Black window surrounds. The livery kind of reminds me of a track tamper livery!

Ironic that 59206 is again the first of the 59/2's to carry a new livery

NL

Edited by NickL2008
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

Yes I got it few weeks back, I kind of like it, but the front looks odd without the Black window surrounds. The livery kind of reminds me of a track tamper livery!

NL

Reminds me of a Halloween Pumpkin.

just add some ghouls & cobwebs.

perhaps they should call this livery Freightliner Halloween Green..

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

On 06/06/2020 at 23:28, NickL2008 said:

NL

Apologies to Nick for adjusting his photo but in my opinion, as nice as the new livery is, this would have looked better.

49916817271_ff8cb77a89_b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Apologies to Nick for adjusting his photo but in my opinion, as nice as the new livery is, this would have looked better.

49916817271_ff8cb77a89_b.jpg

If I was clever enough I would render it in all-over rail blue and say how much better it would look!

Roy

• Agree 1