Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

2 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Apologies to Nick for adjusting his photo but in my opinion, as nice as the new livery is, this would have looked better.

49916817271_ff8cb77a89_b.jpg

Thats ok, its a thumbnail, and also think it looks better as well, something that breaks up that plain yellow front!

NL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

But will it pull 48 wagons.......i like the G&W orange but its down to preference,looking more forward to this than the 66 from Hattons and they say there EP samples are axle box trouble free,lets hope its as it should be considering the time its been in the making.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I take it you mean the latest EP sample?

No I don't.

The loco is scheduled for general release according to MOS I spoke to.

If you take a look at various outlets online offering these locos for sale, the availability/release dates vary from July - September to October-December 2020.

Please feel free to contact Dapol direct if you feel this is incorrect.

13 minutes ago, Class 158 productions said:

Good news, although I remember people saying there were a few issues, as the latest samples were in 2018, hopefully these were fixed 

Indeed, I'm usually a dyed in wool kettle man, but these look fantastic from the EP's of 2018.

No issues according to one poster on here with the rotating axleboxes.

• Agree 1

Hopefully the colours on both the 59/1 and 59/2, plus the size of the plates on the 59/2 will be rectified.

also hoping for the 59/0 in AI livery.

59003 in GBRf would need another mould making, unless they can do the addition of the top cab lights afterwards?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Speaking of new paint jobs, 59003 is back in circulation....

59003 6O31 17.30 Westbury to Eastleigh

Found on Flickr not my own pic.

Looks much better than before, the Europorte livery is very fussy round the cabs and add in the name plates and cab embellishments and it looked very busy. Also it's orange now, not sand coloured!

I was looking up close the other day, and they've repainted the orange sections and yellow panel, but the blue still looks to be the original application. The lettering is painted, so looks like they masked and sprayed that too

Jo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

blue still looks to be the original application

That's the impression I got from the pic somebody posted a few pages back, it looked like they were masking the blue to just do the orange over the ends.

It does look good IMO

• Agree 2

I'll add this quick snap of it all shiny sat under the yard lights.

IMG_20200623_034307-143.jpg.f6eeffb2afaa4562d6f751cb6a8696b8.jpg

The blue still has the surface marks from brushing bushes etc. Subtle and not noticeable from a distance but to me suggests still the old paint.

Jo

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Steadfast said:

I'll add this quick snap of it all shiny sat under the yard lights.

IMG_20200623_034307-143.jpg.f6eeffb2afaa4562d6f751cb6a8696b8.jpg

The blue still has the surface marks from brushing bushes etc. Subtle and not noticeable from a distance but to me suggests still the old paint.

Jo

Talk about pictures of models and prototypes looking identical. Is that a prototype or model image?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

Talk about pictures of models and prototypes looking identical. Is that a prototype or model image?

Hahahaha a 1:1 scale model!

I see what you mean, I think it's the artificial lighting combined with the grass etc being very similar looking to the effect created by static grass for me.

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Class 158 productions said:

Excellent news, sceptical about the smoke option though. Never looks good, especially on diesels 

Strange coincidence you asked for an update about 10 minutes after I saw their Facebook post!