Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, mdvle said:

Athearn Genesis 2.0 SD60M, a £200 list price loco (DC no sound).

Ranting and raving not because of missing/falling off axle box covers, but because Athearn initially said sorry no spares available - which they have since reversed. 

Of course then a problem was found with the truck design/assembly causing issues...

The scurge of the modern world,produced to price rather than quality.

I personally would have it where its high quality and pay for it to be well engineered.

You then either can afford it or save to aquire one,not buy it and replace the plastic with brass etc at more expense,you get what you pay for used to be true.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Br60066 said:

Just got an email from Hattons that the pre order price has gone up. On the bright side delivery looks hopeful for August - September!

650320706_Screenshot2021-06-16at5_01_19pm.png.4f23a5d42296a316dc8b537dfece4519.png

Expected and still better value for money than some other OO gauge diesels and electrics out there.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Expected and still better value for money than some other OO gauge diesels and electrics out there.

They must have made a few changes in their operational department

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

August / September is good news. Did they mention what year?:D

Careful.

Questioning delivery times can get you banned.

:triniti:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

One wonders if they have hiked the price on the sound fitted version of them directly,ive had 206 on order since Hitler was a cadet it seems,will need rehashed as its not DB or red anymore.I guess the plan was to have them here to pull the Yeoman wagons on the Ever given container ship.

• Funny 3

13 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

One wonders if they have hiked the price on the sound fitted version of them directly,ive had 206 on order since Hitler was a cadet it seems,will need rehashed as its not DB or red anymore.I guess the plan was to have them here to pull the Yeoman wagons on the Ever given container ship.

With hindsight, one could say that the Yeoman wagons being booked on the Ever Given would ensure both models are released around the same time regardless of production delays. After all, those wagons wont move themselves out of the fiddle yard :laugh_mini:

Now, where's that link I had for the Cairo Bizarre...

Edited by Bearwood West Yard
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 16/06/2021 at 17:03, Br60066 said:

....delivery looks hopeful for August - September!....

There is now a very thorougher explanation on the Dapol Digest, won't be the first time a certain retailer has made up dates (and prices). 

I am of the school of thought, if you want to know what's going on, ask! Saves a lot of speculation. 

• RMweb Gold

As 159220 stated there is a post in the Dapol Digest. Subject to sample approval etc.:

"With production of the class 59 still scheduled for Q3, we would expect that allowing for shipment time) we will have the 59 in the shops during Q4."

It seems that delays are inevitable due to Covid. Hornby have also spoken about the delays.  It is understandable I think and I have to say well done to Dapol for persisting in difficult circumstances and for providing an update (i have no connection to them).  Looking at the update on Dapol Digest there has been a little progress 'received and approved the paint chip samples'.  Fingers crossed they arrive by the end of the year!

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, lyneux said:

So they still haven't signed off the livery samples.... oh dear, could still be quite a while then.

Yes indeed. All manor manner of delays unfortunately.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, lyneux said:

So they still haven't signed off the livery samples.... oh dear, could still be quite a while then.

Saving them to coincide with the second (but could quite possibly arrive here before the first) run of JHAs?

On 22/06/2021 at 11:10, lyneux said:

And that is strange, as they were showing livery samples in 2018 and at Ally Pally in 2019 said they were waiting for revised livery samples. After that the delays were said to be due to first, electronic circuit issues and second, a decision to instal a smoke generator. If they have had to start the decoration process again I'm wondering if they have had to change production factory. 're the hoppers, the news over the last few days is that the cargo insurers and vessel owners asked for a 14 day delay in the Egyptian court decision, which was due on 21 June, as they are hopeful of an agreed resolution with the Suez Canal authority.

Edited by rembrow
Clarification

15 minutes ago, lyneux said:

21st June was 2 days ago... or is that 2022? :D

Corrected post to clarify. The court was due to make a decision on 21 June, but this has been delayed by 2 weeks, at the request of the owners/insurers for a revised offer to be considered.

13 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

I am still thinking that a GBRf one breaks over as a limited edition for someone at the release date. 

Sorry if I missed this, but didn't Dapol have a special order page for the GBRf Class 59 on their website? Or was I dreaming the whole thing?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Sorry if I missed this, but didn't Dapol have a special order page for the GBRf Class 59 on their website? Or was I dreaming the whole thing?

I thought that sparked a memory too but looking on the Dapol site I can’t find it unless it’s dcc supplies site?

• Agree 1