Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

I was relating to the Aggregates livery more so the Class 66 itself, I don't think GB work stone trains in that area do they, mainly Freightliner  ?

GBRf have a few in the South, but with Blue GBRF JNAs of there own [Revolution trains], or the NACCO half HYAs [Accurascale] often parked up at Tonbridge on weekends… Grain, Allinson, Colnbrook…

Ive seen them use Acton and Purley too.

Tonbridge yard is well worth a visit on a weekend, anything upto 15 locos can be there, inc layovers of RTC test workings with 37’s.

69001 is currently in residence, saw it on a LE of 4x 73’s and a 66 

last week, did its first revenue working yesterday. Railfreight Aggregates 66793 lives locally too.

00CF4755-57C4-4444-9F71-FA2A678A3D4F.jpeg.3e99509b35929f1a7d86567e6ba8ee87.jpeg

Staff are friendly, Someone was scanning something here a few months back.

But ive not seen 66711 in this area.

Freightliner do the Mendip works, regular as clockwork on the Brighton mainline, though whether its a Freightliner 66 or 59 is random, there doesnt seem to be a reliable pattern.

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 03/09/2021 at 22:33, TomScrut said:

Yeah I think the middle car is basically a canopy that lets people work under cover with whatever equipment they need around them.

O/T from 59s (but we have to fill in the waiting time).

One of the end cars is the one with the moveable sides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/09/2021 at 11:02, TomScrut said:

I think it would have flown off the shelves had it been the right colour.

Having got 'the first pic' of 66623 on my 40th birthday as it came out of Eastleigh works after its repaint into orange (the photo was published on WNXX) i would without a shadow of doubt of purchased one. I was gutted when i seen the completely wrong shade of orange on the model and ruled it out straight away.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 03/09/2021 at 21:19, martin_l_jones said:

Its a Robel Mobile Rail MaintenanceTrain, a workshop on wheels apparently....

Having had one try, and fail several times to work on my old section, these things are a big white elephant. The concept is great, the reality not so. Some teams love them, but when you consider what these were designed and sold to do, against what they are actually capable of, it’s a waste of precious money that could have been better spent. I know of one that was sent to be used as a source of spares for a while when the route it was on didn’t want it anymore. Others are used to provide shelter for staff doing tasks like re-padding, hardly the best use. 

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, lyneux said:

Tick tick tick…. End of the year nearly. Any news on these?

Guy

It is unusual for the 'accompanying wagon range' to be announced, developed and brought to market despite a global pandemic and shipping delays due to a container ship becoming stuck, and the lead locos still being no closer to market 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, LaGrange said:

It is unusual for the 'accompanying wagon range' to be announced, developed and brought to market despite a global pandemic and shipping delays due to a container ship becoming stuck, and the lead locos still being no closer to market 

Aren't Hornby doing a 59? Hi Ed

It looked like they were in the recent Hornby TV series. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Aren't Hornby doing a 59? Hi Ed

It looked like they were in the recent Hornby TV series. 

Did I miss something? My Mendip modelling senses didn't start tingling. Only 59 I've seen was the ex Lima one when they were testing the class 73 sound chip.

Jo

• Like 1

Im getting annoyed at how long its taking to get this class 59 produced, it wouldnt be so bad if Dapol were to give an update or something, but nothing, they may as well have not announced it, to me its like they just dont care about either the model or the waiting customers.

I asked Revolution if they would upscale their N gauge class 59 (which looks brilliant) to OO gauge and they said 'no', as it would be a kick in the teeth to their friends in Wales, well if Revolution manage to get their N gauge version designed, built and onto shop shelves before we hear anything on the Dapol model then its a kick i think they ought to give.

• RMweb Gold
On 10/12/2021 at 16:17, Steadfast said:

Did I miss something? My Mendip modelling senses didn't start tingling. Only 59 I've seen was the ex Lima one when they were testing the class 73 sound chip.

Jo

It was in a very early episode.

an EP of a 30 year old model, which was upgrade several years back already, why would they need that ? - for any testing just grab a stock one, like they did with the 66… it was made for some reason, but was too far out of shot to get defintion.

5A8F5C4B-10F9-4A54-89CA-AD3A11448F6D.jpeg.68ba4a53108dec805fbacb5a4fabb3ff.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 22:33, TomScrut said:

Yeah I think the middle car is basically a canopy that lets people work under cover with whatever equipment they need around them.

Tom it is one of the end vehicles that is the ‘safe work area canopy’ for want of a better description…:D I was conductor for this move.

This vehicle is the work area. The centre vehicle is a workshop / equipment and materials storage area etc. apologies for being off topic. 

0C03F9F4-727F-4D6B-A598-116D7AE8DE88.jpeg.a5b9cb5d98f35bc13bf5d048ff3a4af8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, martin_l_jones said:

Reading between the lines it sounds as though it’s waiting  for a production slot according to Dapol Digest.....

dont think you could determine anything from it lol, it was the most non commital post ive ever seen lol.......id say we are looking Q4 22 now

• RMweb Gold

To be honest, Dapol have had a hard time recently and they are probably just as desperate to get these out the door and bringing in some money. The Ever Given saga on top of Covid must have had a cashflow hit on what is, after all, one of the smaller of the big companies (if you know what I mean).

Roy

• Like 3
  • Agree 1