Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

On 23/03/2019 at 23:57, ChuffChuff said:

In the display case at Alexandra Palace today. This is a nicely weighted model - I have been told it will pull a very long rake of wagons

20190323_150214.jpg

20190323_150214(1).jpg

20190323_150233(1).jpg

20190323_150328(1).jpg

20190323_150840(1).jpg

20190323_150856.jpg

20190323_151009(1).jpg

9 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

Oh yes!  Buffer beam - body seam/ join or whatever; it's most definitely a feature of the real thing!  Good spot!

That would be the beading shown on the above samples then?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, classy52 said:

When is the eta for release?

About 2 pages ago...………..

:D

Two posts referring to end Q2/early Q3 and July/Aug

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, 43078shildoncountydurham said:

Frome model centre have them on special price pre order..

Regards 

Craig

I suppose it depends on what you mean by “special”. I looked at the website and saw  £154·95 for the basic model 59005 Kenneth J. Painter. Rails quotes an RRP of £142·50 and offers it for £121·12 with free post. Do you know something I don’t?

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, 43078shildoncountydurham said:

Chaps,

Yes sorry should of got my facts correct, do you class 59 fans think it’s worth a pre order?

Regards 

Craig

I’ve been wanting a decent 59 for years and I’ve been convinced for years that someone Is bound to announce it the following year. If Accurascale* weren’t playing merry Hell with my budgeting, I’d have pre-ordered at least two. The 68 convinces me that Dapol will do a decent job.

*Dapol† too. I have six 68s. I find it difficult to resist something when a manufacturer gets it right.

†Bachmann‡ too. I refer, of course to the 90s.

‡Heljan too. The 05s and 07s show what can be achieved when not fast asleep.

EDIT to correct “Helyan”. It’s the fault of the recent debate on how to pronounce it!

Edited by No Decorum
  • Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 23/06/2019 at 02:07, 25901 said:

Wonder how long it will take for a new liveried 59/2 to turn up, being the real 59/2 are now for sale

They might be for sale, but were they already sold before the sale started ?

On 26/06/2019 at 22:58, adb968008 said:

They might be for sale, but were they already sold before the sale started ?

9 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

That's what I heard, already a done deal, their Freightliners.

No the ones that DB are selling is seperate from the Mendip ones being purchased by Freighliner as part of the contract they won. The Mendip ones are the /0 & /1 Variants.

The DB Class 59 are seperate and are the /2 Variants. These locomotives were originally the National Power ones which EWS brought then DB purchased EWS. 

Samuel.

• Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, sc2016 said:

No the ones that DB are selling is seperate from the Mendip ones being purchased by Freighliner as part of the contract they won. The Mendip ones are the /0 & /1 Variants.

The DB Class 59 are seperate and are the /2 Variants. These locomotives were originally the National Power ones which EWS brought then DB purchased EWS. 

Samuel.

yes we know, but like the DB 66's and DB 67's they sold, it's believed that a deal has been done before they were put on sale, and that FL have purchased them

On 30/06/2019 at 19:09, daz9284 said:

yes we know, but like the DB 66's and DB 67's they sold, it's believed that a deal has been done before they were put on sale, and that FL have purchased them

The class 59 have been sold to Gbrf that what I was told

• RMweb Gold

I think you’ll find that the Mendip Rail Class 59/0 and 59/1’s have been sold to Freightliner as part of the contract.  I wouldn’t be surprised that the 59/2’s were sold onto Freightliner on the QT from what I remember when I worked at Westbury, 10 loco’s out of the 13 were needed to cover the diagrams, so if they didn’t buy the DBC Class 59’s, Freightliner could be short of loco’s.

I have also heard on the jungle drums that all the Class 59’s are in need of heavy overhaul and some Class 70’s will be pulled from storage; and used as the 59’s go through overhaul.

On 02/07/2019 at 23:20, Markwalker67 said:

Freightlinner put them up for sale because then do not what them.

I don't think FL have put the 59's up for sale because they only just bought them from AI & Hanson.

• Agree 2