Hull Model Railway Show 7th & 8th November

peterl

The Hull Model Railway Show will take place on the 7th & 8th November at the Costello Athletic Stadium as in previous years.  The usual good line up of layouts including 'The Worlds End' from Peter Goss.  Full details can be found on our website http://www.hullmrs.org/hullshow 

Look forward to seeing fellow RMweb members there.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Hull Model Railway Show will take place on the 7th & 8th November at the Costello Athletic Stadium as in previous years.  The usual good line up of layouts including 'The Worlds End' from Peter Goss.  Full details can be found on our website http://www.hullmrs.org/hullshow

Look forward to seeing fellow RMweb members there.

Peter

Hull is always a good show, Legomanbiffo will be there!   Charlie

• RMweb Premium

Ken Hill and I will be there with our latest (and probably last) exhibition layout. We both have large permanent layouts et up at home now and the work that we do on those and other commitments means that the time we have available for working on producing a new exhibition layout each year (which we have done for several years) is just not there any more.

So we are taking our time over Mansfield Market Place and not rushing it so we can start on next years layout because there isn't going to be one!

This year has not been a good one for various reasons and although the plan was to have the layout substantially finished for Hull show, it has not proved possible. So we still have mock ups for some of the buildings. Some areas are finished, like the Market Place that gives the layout its name (finished yesterday) and we are fully operational. The signals are being fitted today and tomorrow although we may not have time to get them operational.

So although we are still a bit "work in progress" I hope that there is enough there to enjoy and to see what it might look like when we find a bit more time from somewhere.

Hull is always a cracking good show and is one of the best kept secrets in model railways. Despite the quality, its position on the coast does restrict the "catchment area" and if a show as good as this was more central, people would be talking about it as one of the top club shows around.

So if you can make it along, please do. It is always well worth the trip.

Tony Gee

• RMweb Premium

All set up and ready to go. A slightly frustrating set up as one of the several orange wires fell off and it happened to be the one that you can't really get to or see easily so it took some finding. All is well now and we should be ready for a good session playing trains.

Having had a look around, I can only say that Andrew has surpassed himself with the quality this year. Wherever you look, there is very nice modelling on display.

Hopefully see some RMWebbers there.

Tony

So if I manage to sneak under Mansfield Market Place it's the orange wires that I need to pull off in order to really upset things? Or is all of the wiring "colour coded" orange, just as most of my home layout wiring is meaninglessly yellow and another layout at Hull show has vast quantities of baffling black?

What a cracking local show, excellent value!! 

Plenty of top quality modelling in a variety of settings and eras.

If you get the chance, pop along tomorrow......well worth it.

Fully agree, usually a good show but this years is exceptional, not an ounce of tat in sight! Get there tomorrow if you can

• RMweb Gold

A good show, nice to see Eaton Gomery one last time. A shame Gamston Bank was having running issues, it's one of the best 'trains thundering past' layouts out there. Spent quite a bit of time catching up with old friends don't know how we managed to see the layouts really!

Does anyone have the mis-fortune of knowing whether the M1 in South Yorkshire is still smothered in traffic cones?

If so I might head South for Dover, Calais to Zebrugge and then the ferry across to Hull.. it might be quicker.

Hi Derek,

The roadworks that used to stretch from J28 to the M18, now only cover J28 to J29a.

I'll be doing battle with them in the morning to get to Hull!!

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

Well I got to see the Hull Show today, and saw people there, and had a good time. If you have not yet been, then there is still time to get there tomorrow.

Here are three photo's of the layout based upon Knaresborough, called 'The World's End'.

post-22631-0-28965900-1446938841_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-51976800-1446938863_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-26616700-1446938885_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

Thank you to the Hull Society for both the invitation and the hospitality from the 'Eaton Gomery Crew'. The Award made our weekend particularly as it was judged, so we understand, by the exhibitors. Being accommodated in a former Railway Hotel was an added bonus and rather splendid. Their breakfast was highly ranked by one of our team who is something of an expert in these matters. 

I had a really enjoyable day at Hull MRE. Had a nice chat with a gentleman called Harold on the Lapford Road layout. Knowledge and humour in one conversation. Had a brief interchange with Ken and Tony on their Mansfield layout which was my era, railway and type of layout. Finally had an informative chat with the chap on the EMGS stand who I have forgot the name of as he imprted a lot of information in a very short time. He even lived in Doncaster the same as me. Well done to one and all.

• RMweb Premium

I had a really enjoyable day at Hull MRE. Had a nice chat with a gentleman called Harold on the Lapford Road layout. Knowledge and humour in one conversation. Had a brief interchange with Ken and Tony on their Mansfield layout which was my era, railway and type of layout. Finally had an informative chat with the chap on the EMGS stand who I have forgot the name of as he imprted a lot of information in a very short time. He even lived in Doncaster the same as me. Well done to one and all.

That would have been Vernon Harrod on the EM stand.

It was a cracking good weekend and we had lots of good chats with interesting folk.

Many thanks to Andrew Hartshorne for having us along and for being the superb organiser that he is!

Tony

Archived