Hornby Facebook announcement

Linners

Hi,

Hornby posted an announcement on Facebook about two hours ago, with an accompanying photograph to support the forthcoming Great Electric Train Show. The photo shows a cameo scene/micro layout with a Q1 running around a short freight train. However, in the siding, alongside the cattle dock appears to be a "P" class tank or might it be an "H" - sorry my Western habits leave me with very little knowledge of other companies! Anyhow, knowing Hornby could this be a teaser of a further 2016 release? Or is it a photo of one of the layouts that will be appearing at the show? 

I wasn't sure, but who knows?

Hi,

Hornby posted an announcement on Facebook about two hours ago, with an accompanying photograph to support the forthcoming Great Electric Train Show. The photo shows a cameo scene/micro layout with a Q1 running around a short freight train. However, in the siding, alongside the cattle dock appears to be a "P" class tank or might it be an "H" - sorry my Western habits leave me with very little knowledge of other companies! Anyhow, knowing Hornby could this be a teaser of a further 2016 release? Or is it a photo of one of the layouts that will be appearing at the show? 

I wasn't sure, but who knows?

Sorry a quick Google has answered my own question, apologies to all, Owned by Chris White, the layout measures 10ft by 2ft and features mainly kit-built stock with some ready-to-run wagons and coaches, all of which have been weathered and detailed.

Pity, I'd have liked a Hornby to have done these!

• RMweb Gold

........... The photo shows a cameo scene/micro layout with a Q1 running around a short freight train. However, in the siding, alongside the cattle dock appears to be a "P" class tank or might it be an "H" - sorry my Western habits leave me with very little knowledge of other companies!.............................

Pity, I'd have liked a Hornby to have done these!

If you don't know enough about SECR locos to tell a P from an H, why on earth would you want a model of either?

There must be plenty of things you do know about that they could make.

John

• RMweb Premium

The layout concerned is Chillingbourne and it appeared in the January 2015 issue of Hornby Magazine. The layout itself is quite small (there was an overall photo of it), but was utterly delightful - I was enchanted by it.

The photo Limners got excited about is on page 104/105 of that issue of Hornby Magazine - it is a Honby Magazine photo, not a Hornby photo!

The loco concerned is a SECR 0-4-4T, clearly from a kit as none are available rtr. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of Hornby's December announcements of their full 2016 programme ...... we shall have to wait and see!

John

Hello John,

I just found this topic, if its the photograph I'm thinking of, the small locomotive beside the cattle dock is an ex SECR P class 31178 and is built from an enhanced South eastern Finecast kit.

Thank you for the kind comments about Chillingbourne. It is actually owned by my father, I just built it.

Chris White

Archived