"SMALL" MODEL RAILWAY SHOW - CARDIFF

br2975

I have to endorse all the compliments, I visited this afternoon and must give especial thanks to Barry Ten and Brian Rolley for their generosity with their time and knowledge.

I hope today was a success for the organisers and exhibitors enough to encourage them to hold another show.

Regards to all

Had a great day operating Minster.

It was a nice small friendly show with plenty of room to move around.

We arrived at 08:00 to set up and before 09:00 had been served tea and bacon baps - that's what I call civilised!

Nice to meet several RMWebbers for the first time including Mike the stationmaster, Happy Hippo and NHY581 amongst others.

Hopefully this will become an annual event.

Dave

• RMweb Premium

I had a great time at the show today, plenty of talking, lots of inspiration for future projects, a bag of goodies from Lord & Butler and even the M4 behaved itself both ways.

Thank you to the organisers and layout owners/operators for such a good time. And as an Explorer Scout Leader it was also interesting to see someone else's HQ and I even picked up a couple of ideas for our hall.

Here's to the next one!

I enjoyed the afternoon so I will also add my thanks to everyone involved,

it was a very friendly show with some high quality modelling in a good venue.

Due to suffering the after effects of man-flu I did not fancy a pub stop on the way,

not even for medicinal purposes, but I know where they are if another small show is arranged.

cheers

Good show and although a bit of a whistlestop visit for me (for some reason I'd agreed to ruin my day (again) by going to watch Cardiff City) nice to catch up with a few people and to renew acquaintance with some cracking layouts. 

Al may even have convinced me (on the strength of his experience of the job) to renew assault on flush glazing of B-Sets - a task I was increasingly convinced was reserved for those condemned to one of the circles of Hell.

Hope L&B go with it again next year.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry about the late response - an early start and traveling via the Great Way Round (don't quote that one of course) left me well and truly knac tired yesterday evening).  Anyway a very impressive little show with some smashing layouts, and well worth a passing glance at Gloucester cathedral and Chepstow castle in order to get there and back. And it was really nice to put quite a few faces to RMweb names - and apologies to any that I missed.

I hope the show was the financial success it deserved to be and that we'll see a repeat in future years.

Archived