Heljan 7mm Update

two tone green

Taken from the Tower web site.

NEWS 13th October 2015

As a result of meetings this last week we can confirm the latest information on many of the forthcoming Heljan projects:

Heljan 'O' gauge Class 60

All three liveries expected to be available around the 13th of November. Once we have a firm date we will be in contact with all customers who have placed an advance order to arrange a suitable day for delivery. The advance order book is also still open for anyone who wishes to pre-order any of these for despatch on the day of launch. It certainly appears to be Heljan's best diesel to date!

Heljan 'O' gauge Falcon

All three versions should be available January 2016. RRP £699.00, Our Price £550.00 and we are taking advance orders for these now for immediate despatch as soon as they become available. Note this is a short run of only 750 pieces in total across all three liveries.

Heljan Class 42 Warship.

All eleven liveries confirmed, delivery expected mid 2016. RRP £699.00, Our Price £550.00

Heljan Class 25/1.

This project is now confirmed. Standard editions will be BR green with yellow panels and BR pre and post tops. The limited edition will be green without yellow warning panels. Delivery is expected late 2016. RRP £625.00, Our Price £495.00.

Many people expressed an interest in these when this project was first voiced. Anyone who wishes to place a firm order now that we have exact details on livery and price should re-contact us by phone or email.

Heljan 61xx Large Prairie

CADs due to be completed shortly. We need a few more weeks to confirm exact liveries and price so everyone will have to be patient a little longer. We will post full details as soon as the final details have been settled and then we will open the order book. The loco will feature a flickering smokebox and will be fitted with a motherboard from an ESU decoder 54399 prefitted with a blanking plate for DC use. If a sound decoder is required by the customer it will be a simple plug & play scenario; a space for the speaker has been incorporated in the chassis similar to the AC Cars railbus.

Heljan Class 37.

There will be a new revised version of the class 37 featuring the centre headcode box and roof amendments that go with this version. The model will be 'as-built' with buffer shrouds etc.

BR green with small yellow panels
BR green with full yellow ends
BR blue with full yellow ends
BR large logo blue

Heljan are aiming for a late 2016 release with a proposed RRP of £649.00, Our Price £510.00 and we are taking advance orders for these now for immediate despatch as soon as they become available. Given the constant enquiries for Class 37's demand is expected to be very high and advance ordering is highly recommended.

Heljan Class 45

CAD work has been started but it is still at a very early stage. Full details to be confirmed once known but we are talking about a 2017 release date.

Heljan Modern Depot Kit

Heljan are discussing the possibility of a 'modern' diesel depot building similar to the one that used to stand at Shirebrook. It would be partly modular to allow easy expansion and we are hoping a quote can be obtained for a 2-road shed about the length of the longest diesel for under £100 RRP. We'll keep you updated if anything comes of this.

Well I never I didn't know they were doing a centre headcode 37  :derisive:  

They are up-grading it slightly as well so it will have the correct width tanks, A representation of the rear cab bulkheads and reducing the big bulge in the cab that covers the motors. It has to have the skirts on or it's no good for a green un, which do sell quite well apparently. It was only 37183 in L/L Blue with skirts. I believe Tower re-painted the split box ones in other liveries and just painted round the buffers black, people still bought them.

I am painting the first class 25 sample to arrive as I type this!

• RMweb Gold

This is all great news.  I'm pleased that the centre headcode variety is being produced, my email is heading off to Tower shortly to reserve one (or maybe two!).  I know its each to their own and I'm not trying to stir up an argument in anyway, but I'm one of those with 'black' painted skirts on a Tower large logo split headcode variety, and I have to say for me its fine.  Im not the kind of modeller that has to have everything perfect to the 'nth' degree, as long as it looks right at the end, I'm happy to make a some allowances!  

Well done Heljan - made my day when I read that!  As somebody said earlier - 2016 could be expensive, better start saving! 

Now all we need is for Heljan to announce a '56' and I'm all sorted!!  .. PS Heljan - if your reading/listening - one of the later (i.e. Non-Romanian) examples please!!! Oh and a re-run of the '47' (I know some have queries with it) wouldn't be a bad idea either! 

Rich

I'm sure you'll find out mid November Rusty.

Well that's the irritating part. I've already asked the same question on the dedicated thread, I (and I've also seen others) ask Heljan via facebook and I have also emailed them. Never been able to get a reply for over 3 months. Those grilles are a very distinctive feature on the Class 60. The EP samples just looked so incorrect with them being so sunken in. The grille upon closer inspection is flush with the body, there is however an extruded/lipped portion that runs around the grille.

The windshields also look too flat.

Have a look here.

http://www.tugtracker.co.uk/images/60040/5.jpg

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-6766-0-85269500-1390677097.jpg

The Heljan effort is certainly a bit incorrect and this isn't easy to correct on a workbench. Can clearly see a sharper angled edge on the prototype, yet the model seems flat. The angle may be correct but the lack of a distinctive edge is pretty obvious.

It's a 7mm model, so many things stand out more clearly.

Archived