Feltham Road MPD

RAY NORWOOD

Congrats Ray! It's certainly a fantastic layout, the consistency of excellent modelling is evident in every aspect.

I'm also a sucker for those SR big tanks, they look fantastic!

• 4 months later...

Had a fantastic last weekend at the Shepton Mallet show, and Feltham Road won the best layout at show. A very nice surprise.

attachicon.gif20180610_143426.jpg

You look really proud Ray, and so you should be its a wonderful layout full of interest and captures the atmosphere of a hard working shed on the southern region, well done buddy....

Hi Ray

Shan't be there but...Hi....

Have a great show.....

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill

Thanks for the reply. I here you are going to Redrouth show in November hope you have a good time, I will taking Hounslow to High Wycombet that weekend.

• Like 1

You look really proud Ray, and so you should be its a wonderful layout full of interest and captures the atmosphere of a hard working shed on the southern region, well done buddy....

Hi George.

Yes I was very proud in deed and thanks for your comments.

A few weeks ago a leaflet put through my mother's letterbox informed her that after sitting derelict for half a century, Feltham marshalling yard is going to be turned into a train maintenance depot by South. Western Railway

Hi Mike.

Yes I heard that they was going to put carriage siding there. Not heard of the maintenanace depot there.

I will be taking Feltham Road MPD to Cheltenham show next weekend 27th 28th October 2018. If you there and say hi. I will answer your questons the best i can.

Had a fantastic weekend at Cheltenham show, I picked up an invite from Gloucester on 15th June 2019, and from Ross On Wye 24th 25th August 2019 all TBC.

Again I had a problem with the Raspery Pi, All connected ok but when I select a loco in my loco roster it will not come up in the throttle page. Apart from that all went well controlling by the MERG handset.

• 8 months later...

Not been on here for a long time now.

Exhibitions for the rest of the year.

July 27th                          Brideport.

August 24th 25th           Burnham on Sea.

September 21st 22nd   Redditch.

November 2nd               High Wycombe.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 05/04/2021 at 23:54, Mickday1947 said:

Hi Ray I have. Just seen your post of 2015 I am quick like that . I to was a fireman at Feltham in the 60s up until closure my Driver was Reg Gray or nickname ratter . Hope all is well with you .Regards MICK Day

Hi Mick. Sorry I done recall your name, But I my know you face. I will pm you. 

• 4 months later...

Hi Ray, Saw this layout of yours at the Taunton School exhibition a few years ago. Love it! Feltham was the nearest shed to me when I lived in Twickenham and managed to bunk a few times. I remember you have a model of a W class, built from a PDK kit I think. I am thinking of getting the kit. What motor did you use? PDK themselves recommend High Level motors and gears but have not a clue as to which to use??

47 minutes ago, Ferdie said:

Hi Ray, Saw this layout of yours at the Taunton School exhibition a few years ago. Love it! Feltham was the nearest shed to me when I lived in Twickenham and managed to bunk a few times. I remember you have a model of a W class, built from a PDK kit I think. I am thinking of getting the kit. What motor did you use? PDK themselves recommend High Level motors and gears but have not a clue as to which to use??

I was recently reading Rays build of the W. He used a Loadhauler and a 1424. I used a similar motor with a flywheel and a roadrunner+ box in mine. The new HL motors are significantly shorter, so I can't imagine you'll have any issues with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack P said:

I was recently reading Rays build of the W. He used a Loadhauler and a 1424. I used a similar motor with a flywheel and a roadrunner+ box in mine. The new HL motors are significantly shorter, so I can't imagine you'll have any issues with that.

Thanks Jack, Looking at the HL website they show the Loadhauler and Loadhauler Compact, but cannot see a motor with the reference 1424. I will contact them to see what might have replaced it.

4 hours ago, Ferdie said:

Thanks Jack, Looking at the HL website they show the Loadhauler and Loadhauler Compact, but cannot see a motor with the reference 1424. I will contact them to see what might have replaced it.

Hi Ferdie. High levels cannot get hold some of the Machema motors but I can advise you to give them a ring and ask what you need. I put a very low gearing in this as I only use it for shunting as you can get a very slow speed and the motor is spinning very high.

• 9 months later...

I have not put anything on here for a very long time. Just to keep you up to date with the shows this year for Feltham Road MPD.

Barnstaple 30th July 2022

Hayle 27th. 28th August 2022.

Stafford 23rd 24th 2023 

Warley in 2024.

I have some coming for 2023, will let you know when the conformation come in.

• Like 4