SECR WAINWRIGHT C .A saga .

post-4984-0-61961700-1445542214.jpg

post-4984-0-78561800-1445542240.jpg

post-4984-0-12453100-1445542263.jpg

I got this green late simplified livery loco to make a  dedicated crew  for it .When the figures were finished I saw an ad for the SECR  decals form SE FInecast so thought I would give it a go as a full livery earlier scheme.Not as easy as I thought but doable.I dont recommend it for the faint  hearted  .One issue not on the decal instruction is the fact the clear peels off after the decal has set.This tricky with lining  .I didnt realize .I have used similar decals but they were large on 1/20 racing cars .I also didnt realise that the decals dont like hot thinners and the satin spray I used lifted them causing me to repaint the tender completely .I was ill at the time with severe anaemia though I didnt realise it and not as careful as I should have been,sloppy .Anyway its finally finished.The finish is decent but not perfect .I have no idea how the fall plate is fitted and a few bits have fallen of like the gold valve on the smoke box side .I will probably put it up for sale .Please dont tell me whats wrong .Its not perfect and never will be but it is presentable .Some decals are not included as they are made for the SE FInecast kit ,not the Bachmann

Martin

Looks very good to me, nicely done.

I had to chuckle, as there is a ongoing discussion regarding re-numbering RTR locos going on MREmag forum. The advocates or the "don't mess with a RTR model, you will lower it's value" would probably feel your whole relining project truly sacrilegious :)

Jim F

• 1 month later...

I have finally sorted it all out .The few minor blems were done the way I did model cars where customers demand absolute perfection .I used micromesh to rub out the small  blems and revarnished .Now its fine ,regulator repaired and in fact I have put it on ebay to pay for my sad addiction to PFM brass locos.Just wish i could have got some brass plaques for the C to finish it off proper like .Thanks for all the kind words

Martin

Archived