BRM DECEMBER 2015 + FREE DVD

BRM DECEMBER 2015 + FREE DVD

Dear All,

Here's a run-down of the highlights of December 2015 issue of BRM, which goes on sale EARLIER THAN USUAL on November 5th (subscribers and digital issues will be available a few days before, as normal). The earlier publication date is a result of our move to a revised four-weekly schedule, giving you 13 issues per year in 2016 and beyond. January 2016 issue will be published on December 10th and then every four weeks.

post-22012-0-48694200-1445868818_thumb.jpg

On the DVD

Christmas Gift Ideas

Winter Warmer: Roy Daffern's spectacular O gauge garden railway

Phil Parker demonstrates the latest additions to his 'Ruston Quays' project layout

All presented from Wansford on the Nene Valley Railway

December issue is packed with great layouts, modelling ideas and projects to inspire you over the winter months. Here's what you'll find in this 164 page magazine:

FOUR great layouts:

Addiston South (BR 1970s Southern Region EM)

Glenburn (BR 1955-61 Scottish Region N)

Fearn (LMS Gauge 1, radio control)

Milton Street MPD (BR mid-1960s, Scottish Region OO)

PRACTICAL BRM

Build the Ayjay Models SR Bulleid/Raworth Class 70 'Booster' electric (resin kit, OO)

Ruston Quays: Make a waterfront diorama

Tony Wright builds a Brassmasters LMS 0-8-4T kit

Stokesay: Building a Granary mill in N

NEWS/REVIEWS

Dapol announces a OO gauge Class 59 and Prototype HST in N, Hornby Peckett 0-4-0ST

Hornby D16/3

PLUS

BRM Interview: Digitrains of Lincoln

Diecast Road Vehicle Ideas

RETURN OF THE 'PROPER' TRAIN: How to model modern locomotive-hauled trains

INSIDE TRACK: Designing small layouts

Prototype Inspiration: LNER D16/3 4-4-0s

BRM Charity Auction 2015

Diary Dates

Q&A

Hope you all enjoy it!

All the best

Ben

post-22012-0-48694200-1445868818_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Does the move to 13'regular' issues of BRM mean that the BRM Annual will be discontinued?

(Just seeking clarification, not a lead in to a complaint if this is confirmed.)

Regards,

John

Hi John,

Yes it does. 

All subscribers will automatically receive all 13 issues.

Steve

Steve

Does the digital issue come with what would normal be on the DVD that is included with the magazine? Will the digital version work on my laptop, Windows 8 

How are these stored? If my hard drive crashes will I be able to access copies I have bought from the website? 

It should only be £3.99 for a single issue; it shows as that on Pocketmags wrbsite and on Android devices.

Is anyone else seeing it as £7.99 on Apple devices?

Yes I am seeing £7.99 for the single issue. Did have a subscription but pausing most of my magazine subscriptions for a while as trying to reduce cash flow.

Thanks Paul 

Purchased the digital version and I am quite pleased with it so far. I would say my only gripe is the layout of the pages when there is a tutorial; they go across the page so you have to keep swiping back and forth, most annoying !!! I realize it is the same format as the physical magazine and I don't like it in that either.  

• RMweb Gold

Purchased the digital version and I am quite pleased with it so far. I would say my only gripe is the layout of the pages when there is a tutorial; they go across the page so you have to keep swiping back and forth, most annoying !!! I realize it is the same format as the physical magazine and I don't like it in that either.  

Reading the physical mag I concur. Took me a while to work out how a stripped Class 37 shell suddenly became fully painted and lined in the next step! This was the EWS 37/7 conversion in the October issue, which had me confused for a while until I figured out step 8 doesn't come after step 4! Would prefer it the other way, can see it being annoying on iPad.

We're dealing with this, as I don't like it either and we haven't been consistent in our presentation. From now on, step-by-steps will progress more logically from top left to bottom right on each page, and then on to the next page, rather than crossing over the gutter.

• RMweb Gold

If you're going to 13 issues, I'm assuming you will have 'months' + 1 extra somewhere?

If so, can you make the extra one in the middle of the year and name it eg Autumn 2016.   Otherwise if you use months in order and then have say 'Spring' at the end of the year, the date shown on the cover gets more and more in advance of the month we're in.

If you're going to 13 issues, I'm assuming you will have 'months' + 1 extra somewhere?

If so, can you make the extra one in the middle of the year and name it eg Autumn 2016.   Otherwise if you use months in order and then have say 'Spring' at the end of the year, the date shown on the cover gets more and more in advance of the month we're in.

Well spotted. Short of inventing a 13th month, this will now be required each year. Not sure why you'd have 'Spring' at the end of the year or 'Autumn' in the middle, but don't worry we have thought about this, and the 13th issue is inserted at a point where the publication dates and month shown on the cover start to get out of sync. Therefore, in 2016, you'll get a 'Spring' issue between the March and April dated issues to put things back on course.

Archived