81A Oldoak

attachicon.gif1st Shiny Bonnet-600.jpg

Peckett has a shiny bonnet!

Well, that's the first style polished up and fitted. Two more to do but work is getting in the way.

I took a better picture on my proper camera rather than on my phone but seem to have put the card reader in a safe place.

The brass domes will be available for sale shortly

Very nice Paul.

• RMweb Gold

Any news on the sound kit Paul ?

At least two weeks away.

At the moment I can't keep up with orders for full installations and have now run out of assembled keep alive units so i need a session making them up.

However, I am currently loading the van for shows in Mickleover, Derby tomorrow and Bristol O gauge show on Sunday and next week I am away from base for the whole week.

The brass domes will be on sale at these shows. If there are any left after the show they'll be added to the website. If there aren't any left they'll be added when a new stock arrives (2-3 weeks)

Collected my lined green Peckett from Paul yesterday at Mickleover, would've been sooner expect that Paul's and my diaries didn't coincide to collect in person at the York Tap!

I'm very impressed with the new style DCC with regulator and brake and spent a happy hour playing with Paul's demo model, much more lifelike.

Cheers,

Andrew

• RMweb Premium

Pleased to say the Peckett created a lot of interest at the Bristol show yesterday. Paul had set up a small test track behind the stand and many visitors came to have a listen - there can't be many locos that have a function with the sound of seagulls - ideal if it's to be a dock shunter. Sold a few of the new brass domes, had several enquiries about the sound kits (should be available in about 3 weeks) - and sold a fully fitted loco, reducing the completed stock by 50%.

Paul continues to receive orders but after fitting 70 locos he's having a bit of a break - working on the rewiring of a full size loco - either Bill or Ben at the Festiniog / Welsh Highland - and of course they have real seagull sounds at Boston Lodge !

https://www.festipedia.org.uk/wiki/Hunslet_9248

Pleased to say the Peckett created a lot of interest at the Bristol show yesterday. Paul had set up a small test track behind the stand and many visitors came to have a listen - there can't be many locos that have a function with the sound of seagulls - ideal if it's to be a dock shunter

That's true, but the inclusion of single strike or repetetive ringing of the loco bell may be a more widely required sound worthy of highlighting, perhaps.

Kind regards,

Paul

• RMweb Premium

That's true, but the inclusion of single strike or repetetive ringing of the loco bell may be a more widely required sound worthy of highlighting, perhaps.

Agreed and that was demonstrated many times as well. Paul and his customers were full of praise for the new way of 'driving' the loco by using the brake to slow down (it sounds obvious doesn't it) and I understand that the Fowler diesel chip is being upgraded to make use of this feature.

Agreed and that was demonstrated many times as well. Paul and his customers were full of praise for the new way of 'driving' the loco by using the brake to slow down (it sounds obvious doesn't it) and I understand that the Fowler diesel chip is being upgraded to make use of this feature.

Mike,

Yes, that's correct and the Hunslet-Clark, as are all my ZIMO sound projects.

The brake feature does seem rather obvious but still few people outside those who own such a decoder realise that it actually slows the loco's road speed. Many think it's just the sound of brakes. Does make you wonder how we managed without independentally applied brakes for all this time, though, doesn' it.  LOL.

Kind regards,

Paul

P.S. Liking the NG Hunslet, hope to be able to record it when operational.

Mike,

Does make you wonder how we managed without independentally applied brakes for all this time, though, doesn' it.  LOL.

It's called a ZTC 511, with a brake function on the controlller :jester:

Down side is it's only accesses 10 functions !

Peter

Archived