Multimaus / Zimo Functions above 12 problem

Blacque Jacque

Hi folks,

I have a conundrum with my sound fitted Class31, I cannot activate the functions above 12 with my Multimaus (software V1.02).

From reading other threads I am led to believe that Multimaus V1.02 is an appropriate software version for the higher function numbers, the LVZ100 is confirmed as being V3.6 so should be fine.

I tried a borrowed Lenz LH100 & functions 13 - 19 work correctly, I also tried it with a Sprog throttle & again, functions 13-19 are working as expected, so I am certain the Multimaus is the problem.

I have tested the loco both on DC prior to fitting sound & after decoder fitting, it drives perfectly, so no issues there.

Equipment:

Hornby Class 31 D5289 R3144A

Zimo 645R w/Digitrains ZS31D sound scheme.

Roco Multimaus software V1.02

Lenz LVZ100 software version 3.6

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the same array of equipment ? Can anyone confirm if the MM needs a further software upgrade ?

Any help would be very much appreciated as I love the Multimaus as a controller and would very much prefer to stick with it.

• RMweb Gold

I can't help, other than to say I have the same problem.

Apparently it is possible to perform the necessary firmware upgrade through a computer/multimaus command station but not via the Lenz command station.

Thanks BoD, that at least confirms it's not just my MM.

I have a Rocomotion system too, but the newest 1.04 firmware on Roco's site seems to only be usable with a Multizentrale or Z21, neither of which I have.

I wonder if an email to Roco themselves would get me any further info ?

I know there are a few MM experts in these parts, but I've not seen them around recently ?

It's not possible to access above F12 on a Multimaus when used with a Lenz V3.6 even if the Multimaus is the latest version.

However if the Multimaus is V1.02 or higher you can access up to F20 when used with Roco's own amplifier 10764 ??

A quick phone call to A & H Models will provide all the details

I only have my Multimauses with the standard amplifier (albeit painted bright yellow so I don't misplace them), Multicentrale Pro (orange for the same reason) and a new black Z21 awaiting use 8-)

So I cannot test the combination with Lenz etc.

But when used with the plain Amplifier (in the Master Socklet), the Multimaus is the MASTER (and the memory for last known point positions etc etc)  and the controlling source of software  ( if a MAus 2 is plugged in as MASTER, then that limits the system to the Maus2 capabiliities.

The MultiCentrale Pro has the controlling software installed internally - presumably a side effect of the requirment to operate with wireless handsets which might disappear completely!

and similarly for the (Zimo designed) Z21.- hence upgrades for the MultiCentralePro software, and now Z21

So, as I understand it when users use a Multimaus with a Lenz ssytem, it is a as a Slave controller - with the primary software already contained in the Lenz box (hence V3.6)

Multimause V1.04 can be used with any of the expressnet systems - a comment that 1.04 is for Z21 is only to say, as I understand it, that it was required to match the requirements of the Z21 more fully .. but is 'downwards compatible'.   V1.03 may still be the version linked off the other Roco (Multimaus Upgrade) page - but 1.04 is reached through the Z21 pages.

I have now upgraded all my Multimauses to 1.04, but have not really used them in a way in which  I have found a difference (not having started using my Z21 yet)

PS I was away in Holland for a week visiting Eurospoor and assorted narrow gauge train lines/museums etc

That is a pity.

Indeed it is.

I've just tested my MM on a Roco 10764 (newer master amplifier) & it controls all the Zimo sound functions as it should. Reading elsewhere and from Phil S' post above, the MM puts itself into slave mode when connected to a Lenz system as the Master is the LVZ100 itself. In slave mode it emulates a LokMaus II & therefore only has access to 12 functions.

I did manage to track down a copy of the V1.03 firmware, but this too is only for Multizentrale rather than the older Rocomotion interface with 10761 / 10764 amplifiers.

I haven't phoned A&H as suggested by tractor_37260, but thanks for the suggestion. I think it's clear the MultiMaus will not do what I want with my Lenz system. The real dilemma now is whether to fork out for a Lenz LH100 or a Roco Z21 (or possibly another DCC cpu). Thanks all for your input.

Archived