THE Christmas show, Manchester - NOTE: amended directions

Allegheny1600

Our next exhibition will be held in the Barnes Wallis Building, Manchester University Northern Campus (formerly UMIST) on

Saturday 5th (10:00 to 17:30) and Sunday 6th (10:00 to 16:30) December 2015

To mark its 90th birthday year, the Society has decided to return to the city centre and to its traditional pre-Christmas timing.

Admission: £8 per person. Up to 2 accompanied children free, with each adult.

Save money by buying your ticket now. Only £7 per person AND includes a free exhibition guide!

http://mmrs.co.uk/exhibition/tickets/

As the third oldest model railway society in the world, MMRS is proud to be the only one in the UK to stage an exhibition in the centre of a major city. The Barnes Wallis Building is between Oxford Road and Piccadilly stations, convenient for both train and tram. It is ideally placed to allow visitors from all over the country to visit one of the finest model railway exhibitions in the UK, and also to visit the acclaimed Manchester Christmas Street Markets.

Planning is well advanced and 18 layouts have accepted invitations to appear. Several of them will be making their debut at the show and most of the others have appeared in national railway modelling magazines. The layouts represent railways from many locations and many time periods, and represent scales ranging from 1:19 down to 1:450. There will also be a wide range of trade stands.

To be kept informed of developments as the Exhibition takes shape, join our mailing list by emailing: exhibition@mmrs.co.uk

More details to follow.

Edit: amended directions: http://mmrs.co.uk/exhibition/venue_directions/

If you wish to see more details about these layouts, please click here: http://mmrs.co.uk/exhibition/exhibitionlayouts2015/
Otherwise the list of layouts is as follows;

Angst Lesspork, 4mm 009,
Calderwood, 4mm 00fs L&YR,
TV’s “Coronation Street”  Roy Croppers “Woodhead” 4mm 00,
Coffee Table, Z scale European,
Ffuglen, 16mm scale ng,
Gillan & Brown, 7mm 0 scale,
Greenbrier Junction, US H0,
Herstmonceux, 4mm 00 BR(S),
Hironocho, N scale Japanese,
Hogsmead-on-Sodor, Childrens layout,
Laramie, US 0 Scale,
Mitcheldean, Replaced by PMP's "Shelfie" 4mm 00,
New Hey, 4mm EM BR(M),
Newfields Wharf, 3mm 1920’s NSR & 1950’s BR(M),
Stamford East, N gauge, BR(E),
Thorncliffe, 4mm 00 BR(1988 - 1991),
Tollesbury Quay, 7mm 0 scale, BR(E),
Whiteacres, 4mm 00, BR(M).

Further details to follow.

A quick update;

Micheldean has been replaced by Shelfie, also by PMP and featured in October 2015 edition of "Model Rail"

I've also heard that "Herstmonceux" is well worth travelling to see, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it.

Just four weeks to go!

Cheers,

John.

Hi Martin and Ray (& Polly!),

Look forward to seeing you there!

All these traders will be present;

All Components
Bill Hudson Books
Brassmasters
Cheltenham Model Centre
Chester Model Centre
C&L Finescale
DC Kits
Direct Train Spares
East Lancs Railway
Eileens Emporium
Going Loco
Gordon Coltas Trust
Greenscene
H&A Models
Judith Edge
Layouts4u
Pennine Models
Rural Railways
Shawplan
Ten Commandments
TMS Models

And if that wasn’t enough, after we’ve closed you can still visit the acclaimed Manchester Christmas street markets!

If you wish to see more details about these traders, please click here: http://mmrs.co.uk/exhibition/traders2015/

Hi John,

Really looking forward to the exciting 90th birthday spectacular and especially its return to the city centre, it gives me a chance to travel by train and see some full size, a one time avenue of pleasure I now seldom bother with. I recall you saying something regarding where to find you - but I have forgot ..... Doh!

I am intending to print some sort of RMWeb badge - so I won't get lost, the back will have 'return to Wirral' on it!  :jester:

Hi Mike,

I look forward to meeting you, at last! Although, I'm only there on Friday to help set up and Sunday as have other engements on the Saturday - the other members will be glad to see you if I miss you! On Sunday, I'm hoping to be helping on the 'Bring & buy' stand, otherwise I'll probably be floating around.

Ooh, I'm getting Duck bumps now (or is it, Goose bumps!?!)

Cheers,

John

• RMweb Premium

The Whiteacreas layout team from Stafford Railway Circle have there final driver training session this morning, this has encouraged many new club members to get involved, and I am really pleased to say we will have over the weekend four teenager operators, which is good for the club and the hobby.

Please come and say hello

All looking forward to Manchester

Details of Whiteacres can be found in the February 2015 issue of the Railway Modeller

Terry

The Whiteacreas layout team from Stafford Railway Circle have there final driver training session this morning, this has encouraged many new club members to get involved, and I am really pleased to say we will have over the weekend four teenager operators, which is good for the club and the hobby.

Please come and say hello

All looking forward to Manchester

Details of Whiteacres can be found in the February 2015 issue of the Railway Modeller

Terry

Excellent news on the teenagers Terry!

Hope you can keep hold of them long enough to make that permanent impression.

Cheers,

John.

Dear 5050,

That's a shame, at least the timing was alright for Wakefield though! Maybe next year?

Travelling to the show, please see our website here: http://mmrs.co.uk/exhibition/venue_directions/

For comprehensive details on how to reach the venue by all the usual modes of transport.

'Procedure' is now pending depending on how her condition improves over the next few weeks - so I may be there after all!

I've got a busy day tomorrow - helping with the refurbishment of the Coronation Street Woodhead layout and then cataloging items for the Bring & Buy stall.  Much to my surprise there is going to be a lot of gauge O stuff and also a lot of EM stock.  I was expecting almost entirely OO and N but I was very wrong.

Phil

Did someone say EM stock.......?

Yes. I've just entered them into the second hand stall's spreadsheet.  There are 8 locos, 13 coaches and about 45 wagons, plus a couple of unmotorised plastic kits with EM wheels fitted.  all good condition, though obviously a bit old.

My first visit to the Manchester Show. Really looking forward to a trip 'oop narth to see a different take on modelling!

Hope you enjoy yourself!  

There's no passport control at Piccadilly station and the route to the venue is shown on our website.  http://mmrs.co.uk/exhibition/venue_directions

Come and say hello while you're there.

Phil (exhibition coordinator)

Hope you enjoy yourself!  

There's no passport control at Piccadilly station and the route to the venue is shown on our website.  http://mmrs.co.uk/exhibition/venue_directions

Come and say hello while you're there.

Phil (exhibition coordinator)

Will do!

Archived