Can anyone identify this BR(S) signal box please?

Rail-Online

I doubt it is in and around the SE area with a large Maunsell tender. Its looks more like one of the few boxes west of Salisbury for possibly an MOD site.

The loco is 30775 which was off Dover at the time (6th June 1959) although it was about to be re-allocated away to Feltham.

Tony

Tony.

Can you post the full photo? Is it on Rail-Online?

I did not want to add a link as it could be seen as abusing the goodwill of RMWeb Mods, but as it does provide quite a bit of additional info here it is:

http://www.rail-online.co.uk/p265322570/h6bced70d#h6bced70d

Please accept this as not advertising/pushing the site.

Cheers Tony

Tony.

Seeing it in full. It is Petts wood. The lamp/ P-way hut is/ was still there when I used to spend many a happy hour spotting from the two footbridges over the South Eastern and Chatham lines in and around Chislehurst junctions.

The shot is looking towards the station from the footbridge now sadly completely caged in.

Tony.

Being only 27 I have no chance of remembering those years. My old man was born and bred in Petts wood and he used to spot on those bridges and as a youngster we used to go spotting. No Bulleids, Maunsells or anything half decent. The nearest thing to steam we copped were the last of the EPBs, HAPs and CEPs.

Archived