D2200 workbench

D2200

Hello

I'm currently collecting and detailing a few bits of stock for a small shunting layout loosely based on queenborough ship breakers scrap sidings.

I plan to model a set of sidings in a run down weed infested condition with plenty of scrap piles around, so if you like your perfect branch lines look away.

The first piece of stock i've been working on is a Dapol class 04 shunter kit fitted with a Bachmann cab as i feel it just looks better.

I've modelled this as missing bodyside panels and the engine, there's still plenty to do hand rails, underframe bits, bits under the bonnet and the cab to sort along with a nice rusty distressed paint finish.

The plan is to have this sat in one of the sidings or hauled around to meet its doom.

post-25900-0-47399000-1446662087.jpg

On 04/11/2015 at 21:59, Peterpiper said:

What are you using for the engine?

Hi Peterpiper I'm planning to either scratch build something that looks like an engine or leave it as it is with the engine removed for some other use, trying to model something similar to this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/masonphenix19/8065047848/in/gallery-adogriff-72157631810584609/

Archived